X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herr Walther
    replied
    Re: Yet Another Duracoat project

It looks good. I might have to try that out on my finish worn P99. The Tenifer is still doing it's job, but it's showing a lot of carry wear after 13 years.

Leave a comment:

• arkyboy
    replied

I didn't do the frame, it is the natural poly color that came from the factory. It holds it's color very well as long as it doesn't get a lot of abrasion. The matte black is a non-glare type finish, not flat, but not shiny either. Nearly perfect for firearms. The stuff is very good for wet conditions too, which is why I like it on a carry gun. Turns water like a freshly waxed car finish, but it is a little "grippier" than the normal finish on a gun. That's a plus for me too in my old age. I don't grip things as well as I used to. [img][/img]
    arkyboy

Leave a comment:

• paintballmagnet
    replied

NICE! Would this be considered gloss black? UHOH, I was looking at the frame! I see the slide is a bit less reflective.

Leave a comment:

• arkyboy
    started a topic Yet Another Duracoat project

Yet Another Duracoat project

Been doing a lot of work for other people over the summer and it's kinda nice to get a chance to do something for myself for a change. I've had this older model EAA Witness PS (pictured on the bottom) for quite sometime now and it was showing it's age. The poly frame only needed a good cleaning, so I only did the slide on this one and repainted the white dot sights. The newer model on top has the rail, Novak type sights and a lot of metal removed from the slide to make it lighter. Nice when carrying in a holster, but the extra weight on the slide is likely the reason the older version will shoot circles around the newer model...not that the new model is a slouch, but the older gun is a tack driver!
    arkyboy

After a facelift with the Matt Black Duracoat.
Working...
X