Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've Wanted A 10mm Carbine For So Long....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've Wanted A 10mm Carbine For So Long....

But them darned things are SO expensive. So I decided today to order a MechTech conversion unit. Guy at MechTech swears it will work with my Dan Wesson Razorback pistol.

Re: I've Wanted A 10mm Carbine For So Long....

A 10mm might change my mind about rifle length pistol cartridge shooters. I've owned three nines, an AR style, Beretta CX-4 and a KelTec folder, decided that if I was gonna carry something as long as a rifle, in some cases as heavy as a rifle, I might as well have it shooting a rifle cartridge. A 10mm would offer enough power, enough bullet mass that It might actually serve purpose- something the 9mm semi versions never did. After saying all this, I admit I'd still like to get my hands on a Ruger PC-9.
    "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
    The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Comment

MechTech offers conversion for 1911, Springfield Armory XD's, and Glock pistols for use as the lower. They can be done for they following calibers:

1911: .45ACP, 10mm, 9mm, 40 Smith & Wesson & 460 Roland
      S.A. XD:9mm, 40 S&W, .45 ACP
      Glock : Compact (G19, G23, G32), Standard (G17, G22, G31, G34, G35) and Large (G20, G40, G21, G41)

Comment

10mm with a longer barrel is nice. I was able to try a 10mm MP5 with I think a 9" barrel. It was GLORIOUS!!! That conversion that you ordered will be a great source of fun I'd say. Let us know how she runs when you get er goin.

It's all fun and eyes until someone looses a game!

You can't spell MEAN without ME!

Comment

It's here, it's here!
          With my Dan Wesson Razorback 10mm as a lower:

Comment

The stock arrangement on that is like, yuck.

I had a Ruger PC40 a while back. Decent gun, but at the time I had so many guns that a few needed to go so I sold it off. The stock on those is functionally the lower receiver, so there is no changing out the stock. It goes California legal and no other way, but would have been nice with some sort of adjustable sidefolder. I owned a bunch of pistol caliber carbines and subguns over the years, just never found a configuration that really worked the way I liked it, but in messing with them all, I think that Mp5/10mm would be about the best, using a rail system up front and one of the Brugger and Thommet stocks instead of the original HK stock.

Other than that, I don't think anyone has hit the right balance on it with Jeff Cooper's Thumper concept. Closest was probably the Ruger .44 mag mini-14 which came and went during the AW ban with very little fanfare. Part of the problem was I don't even think they made ten shot mags for it, just five shot mags.
            Life, Liberty and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Comment

I still like my UZI carbine. Sure, larger than a handgun, but not as heavy or large as a full size rifle. With 124 grain bullets, I would not argue against it!!

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. Chap.20 Vs.4)

Comment

Yep, I like her!

Comment

And that's also using my own homemade reloads!

Comment

My only thing I have found so far I do not like. The bolt does NOT lock back after the last round is fired. Unless I'm actually counting the rounds fired I'm pulling the trigger on an empty mag a lot. Not to mention a lot of my mags have the Chip McCormick springs and followers so that some of my mags hold 9 rounds. If the mags are already loaded I can't tell if I just stuffed an 8 or 9 round mag in.

Comment

Gosh this thing is just too much fun. But I'm going through my reloaded 10mm so fast! Good thing even with the Obozo caused shortages I still have plenty of supplies to reload more!

Comment

Just am prepping 307 10mm cases from my last range session. I ain't lying when I say this thing is just way too much fun.

Comment

Last range session I did not take the Mechtech. Managed to only go through about 50 10mm reloads with my Fusion Firearms long slide hunter.

Gawd I love 10mm!

Comment

I am sincerely sorry you are having all this trouble. Things will get better - eventually.

RR
                            Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. - Benjamin Franklin

I have but one person on my ignore list. Can you guess who it is?

Comment

Working...
                            X