Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUOMI KP-44 drum to PPS 43 drum modification

Hello:

Have been badly bitten by the PPS-43C bug after recently buying one in 9mm from Classic Arms.

After its stellar performance at the range I have been so impressed with it that has been seriously considering upgrading its capabilities.

One of them besides converting it into a SBR (more about it later) is adapting a drum magazine to it.

Working ahead to that goal I have bought two SUOMI KP-44 9mm drums and various PPS-43 magazines (just in case).

I have amassed as much information available in the majority of forums in the web and I think to have read maybe everything written in the subject from the subject matter experts like Caligula and Ghoulardi and have reached a point where I will start working on the project.

My question at this moment is if someone can tell me how to determine the optimal angle to MIG weld the drum to the shortened PPS-43 magazine.

Also, can someone direct me to a place that could have photographs or previous work with this concept? They do not have to be exactly related to the SUOMI drum as the PPSh-41 drum will come handy.

Thank you all.

Best, Cala

Re: SUOMI KP-44 drum to PPS 43 drum modification

Welcome to the forum.

I too have a strange attraction to this rifle. I may soon get one just to satisfy my curiosity. I first learned of them on GB when doing a search for the Walther PPS.

Cool looking firearm.
    [I]Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command[/I]

American by birth, made from German parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg

An unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Walther View Post
      Welcome to the forum.

I too have a strange attraction to this rifle. I may soon get one just to satisfy my curiosity. I first learned of them on GB when doing a search for the Walther PPS.

Cool looking firearm.
      You know, something similar went through me.. since 2011 I have been watching it on the gun shows. What deterred me of getting one was the caliber and the cost.

When I saw it at Classic Firearms in 9mm for $299.00 I jumped at it. It will not win any beauty contest but God, it is robust like a T-34 tank and pretty accurate up to 100 yards +/-.. Could be considered as a sort of inexpensive SHTF SRB rifle or pistol or carbine. IMHO you cannot get wrong with it.

Maybe I'll buy another one.

Thanks for the comments..

Cala

Comment

I have a semi-auto suomi and it's a ton of fun. I mean it weighs about 15 lbs. The only draw back is the 20lb trigger pull . Don't get me wrong I like it . The 70 rd drum needs some tweeking to work reliably , they are pretty old after all. The 32 rd stick magazines work great.
        "[COLOR=#FF0000]Then out spoke brave Horatius, the Captain of the Gate. To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods"[/COLOR]

Comment

I may or may not still have the 7.62 variant. I liked it. Never got around to either the SBR thing, or the removal of the stock( was thinking single point sling+ weight reduction) before the currently ongoing State Sponsored Harassment began. It was ( at least mine was) good to go with the milsurp and commercial (S&B, PPU) ammo I had. Never tried the 9mm. Looks good, AFAIK.
          Gregory Peter DuPont

Comment

I have the Suomi and consider it a great play purty!
            Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
            I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959/1963

Comment

Working...
            X