Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Marvel Custom 1911 Classes

MESSAGE FROM BOB MARVEL:

I appreciate the tremendous support and feedback you have given for my 1911 classes to be taught beginning in April of 2015. As a result of your feedback, I have decided to modify the time frames of my classes by decreasing the course length from 10 days to 7 days. Hopefully, by decreasing the class length, participants will encounter fewer conflicts with family responsibilities and work schedules.

Rest assured that I will maintain the same rigors and level of instruction of the original class schedule in the 7 day course. I will be able to cover the same material and provide the same quality of instruction by decreasing the maximum class size from 14 to 7 participants. The minimum class size will be 6 students. The cost of the course will remain the same as the quality of instruction and end products will not be affected.

Thank you again for your feedback and your support for my 1911 classes.
    Bob Marvel

REVISED CLASS SCHEDULE FOR 2015 Bob Marvel 1911 CLASSES:

April 12th though April 18th
    September 13th though September 19th
    **The June class is closed to enrollment

Please visit the Deep River Customs website for more information and to make arrangements to attend the class www.deeprivercustoms.com.
    Last edited by DRC; November 14, 2014, 15:36. Reason: description change

Re: Bob Marvel Custom 1911 Classes

Sorry never heard of the guy.
    "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
    The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Comment

I never heard of him either.
      karl
      Karl

[url]http://grrrscave.blogspot.com/[/url]

Keep those e-mails and calls to your Congress people coming.

Comment

Is it the same Marvel as this company?

http://www.marvelprecision.com/

A friend of mine has one of their $500 1911 22lr conversion slides. It is very nice but not $500 nice as far as I'm concerned.

It's all fun and eyes until someone looses a game!

You can't spell MEAN without ME!

Comment

No. He is not the Marvel of Marvel Precision.

As an answer for those of you who haven't heard of him, just do a search for Bob Marvel. Plenty there.

Comment

It'd be fun and all that, in that he is teaching Bubba how to Bubba himself up some 1911's.

Isn't that how most of the internet takes someone who builds their own?

Note that I'm not in that position, but just saying. You got to overcome the whole "Bubba can't build a handgun" thing before you can actually succeed at this.

I've rolled a couple of my own, and they work just fine, thank you very much. But you still have to convince most folks that it's not just another version of how Bubba would do it.

Since I've never been paid to build one, I don't figure that me or Bubba have enough degrees of separation to matter, regardless of how many I may have built, or how well they work.

Just saying......

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Not meaning to disparage your post but it took me years to gain a real understanding of the 1911, what to do and how to make them run, how to fit slides to frames without breaking anything, how to properly fit a barrel so its full accuracy potential was utilized and also how to properly do a trigger so as to not have hammer follow. I fear that a 7 day class, or even a 14 day class is just gonna create bunch of messed up, unreliable and even possibly dangerous (to the wrong folks!) 1911's.
              "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"

Comment

Just to note. A week of classes would have probably saved me more than it cost, in terms of frames and slides that I managed to screw up by not knowing how to fit them together and picking the wrong way.

You learn by doing, but you also learn from being told how not to do it if you are somewhat intelligent. An intelligent person can learn from other people's mistakes, and not just from his own.

I don't want to disparage the whole idea too much, but a week of classes is not going to make Bubba into a gunsmith. Me, or some folks I know, it might, but we already know a lot of what is going to be taught in a basic class.

They ought to give a test for admission. The students coming into that kind of class really ought to know how to disassemble and reassemble a 1911 down to the component parts. If you can't do that, the class is going to be remedial for those who would profit from it.

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

I learned from one of the best 'Smiths ever, Jim Clark when he was alive and set up in Keithville LA, way back in the early 80's. I was off from my regular job for three days each week, I pestered him long enough he finally began showing me how to do a 1911 the right way.

Comment

Working...
                  X