X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kARL
    replied
    Re: Extraction problems with my PPH

I posted this in the discussion section but it belongs here and it may well help some other gentlemen.

An old fella i was talking to told me that the recoil action is made to eject spent cases using the force of the recoil. That being so, he suggested that I take my PPH to the range and try it out before making a decision on replacement.
    I did so and to my surprise he was right.
    Three different brands of ammo and two different types fmj and Hollow point..four different magazines and not a single problem.

karl

Leave a comment:

• kARL
    replied

Thank you fellas.
    My PPH is restored.
    karl

Leave a comment:

• paintballmagnet
    replied

My next purchase will be a Smith and Wesson Shield. About 450 but seems nothing is inexpensive these days. I have two small 9's that work well after both being sent back to the factory, a Beretta Nano and a Kahr PM-9, but like the Shield best. As Herr Walther mentioned the PPS is great but like my PM-9, a bit on the expensive side. I've owned a couple Kel-Tecs, wasn't at all impressed.

Leave a comment:

• Herr Walther
    replied

Depends on how small, but you can pick up a used SIG-Sauer P225 for around that much.

Anything else I'm afraid will be more expensive or larger.

The Walther PPS comes to mind, but that's pushing $600, there is the Kel-Tec PF9 and P11, but they are about the size of the Walther, but hit your budget target. The Kahr's are just simply overpriced and heavy, but they are small.

I'd say shoot the works and buy a Walther P5 or H&K P7, but neither is considered a compact 9mm. Walther does (did) make the P5 Compact, but $$$. About as much as the P7.

Getting back to the P225 or P6, it's not that small, but it is smaller than full size and all three, the P5, P6, and P7 are all single-stack 9mm's.

9mmk is where you start getting into the really small pocket pistols. These are so concealable you may even forget you're carry it!

Walther doesn't make anything that small anymore, but Kel-Tec does in the P-3AT, and it's a locked breech design. It has as much recoil as the larger and heavier PPK/S, but about half the size.

I know some don't like carrying anything that small, but I've never had a problem practicing to hit what I'm aiming at with the smaller calibers and smaller handguns.

Leave a comment:

• kARL
    started a topic Extraction problems with my PPH

Extraction problems with my PPH

Fellas
    I have had this Hungarian PPH in 380 since 85.
    Almost never a problem BUT
    When I cleaned and reassembled it tonight, it had problems ejecting.
    I tried three different mags and putting 6 rounds in the mag ...same problem.
    The extractor looks good but ....I will get new parts from Gun part if they have them, just in case still...

I am reduced to carrying the Hippy's .38 5 shot.

Any Ideas?

I was thinking of getting a new 1911..now it looks like it will be a much smaller pocket pistol.
    Any good ideas for a good small 9mm for about 350 or so?

It is one thing to have the pistol have problems on the range...but another for a carry pistol.
    Very annoyed
    Karl
Working...
X