Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Onery mil dot scope wouldn't sight in right..I fixed it.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onery mil dot scope wouldn't sight in right..I fixed it.....

At least I THINK (ouch) I did. Had adjusted windage as far as it would go and hits were still 10 inches to the left at 50 yards.

I loosened 5 base screws, pried a gap in the front of scope and inserted part of a Q tip as a shim.
    This moved the FRONT of scope left and, hopefully, Saturday I'll know if it works.

May have to put smaller shim, but if IA moves right, I'll know I'm on the right track. White pick in picture shows where I put shim..........

------------------
    ..MrM
    Kentucky Proud! Been there, done that! The sheeple WILL flock to the protectors' fold in time of need. I am a protector.

I own only "Homeland Defense Rifles."

Eighty-Six MILLION legally armed Americans caused NO harm yesterday.
    Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
    I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959/1963

Good luck, and do get back with the info on this, might just be intersting.

I had trouble way back with my Enfield scope mount, even at full twist it the scope still was of by about 2 feet at 100.

Then i realised the whole mount was off compared to the rifle's barell direction, took the mount to a smith friend of mine,
    sanded the fore area of the mount to a gentle slop and that did it.

(smith friend -> ) JOKE

Good Luck and Happy trigger time.

Comment

Hoo Boy! It worked! In fact, I had reset scope back to zero and it shot to the right!

I dialed a couple of clicks and she is almost dead on. Q-tip shim was too much and I had a couple of strips of index card inserted. Gonna fine tune Wednesday at the Creek with a couple of AWers. Raining now.

WOW! Love it!

------------------
      ..MrM
      Kentucky Proud! Been there, done that! The sheeple WILL flock to the protectors' fold in time of need. I am a protector.

I own only "Homeland Defense Rifles."

Eighty-Six MILLION legally armed Americans caused NO harm yesterday.

[This message has been edited by TheMrMitch (edited 19 October 2002).]
      Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
      I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959/1963

Comment

Congrats !

Comment

Working...
        X