Alternate to stock bed Release Agent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I also use johnsons. heat until soft and apply with a paintbrush after damming any holes with modelling clay.

------------------
    T. Mark "gunplumber" Graham
    Arizona Response Systems
    Products and Services for the Armed Professional
    http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com
    Phoenix, AZ 623-873-1410

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    LoneGunman is right. I stopped using the standard release agent in favor of Johnson's Paste Floor Wax, many years ago.
    Just apply a heavy coat with a brush, and DON'T wipe it off. It also seems to be easier to clean off than the release agent, and doesn't have to dry for a long time.

Johnson's is available at most Wal-Mart's and hardware stores that sell wood flooring supplies.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Two thick coats of PASTE floor wax will work.
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TomJ:
    Just opened an acraglass kit I had on the shelf for years and the relase agent is dried up into a little ball in the jar (kit was new, in wrap, but 5 years old!)

Need to bed an action tonight for testing tomorrow and would like get an idea from others on an alternative, anyone?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
    Custom Combat Weaponry

Leave a comment:

• TomJ
    started a topic Alternate to stock bed Release Agent?

Alternate to stock bed Release Agent?

Just opened an acraglass kit I had on the shelf for years and the relase agent is dried up into a little ball in the jar (kit was new, in wrap, but 5 years old!)

Need to bed an action tonight for testing tomorrow and would like get an idea from others on an alternative, anyone?
Working...
X