Alternate to stock bed Release Agent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate to stock bed Release Agent?

Just opened an acraglass kit I had on the shelf for years and the relase agent is dried up into a little ball in the jar (kit was new, in wrap, but 5 years old!)

Need to bed an action tonight for testing tomorrow and would like get an idea from others on an alternative, anyone?
    \"Sorry lady, this all day sucker is down to the soggy white stick\"

Two thick coats of PASTE floor wax will work.
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TomJ:
    Just opened an acraglass kit I had on the shelf for years and the relase agent is dried up into a little ball in the jar (kit was new, in wrap, but 5 years old!)

Need to bed an action tonight for testing tomorrow and would like get an idea from others on an alternative, anyone?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
    Custom Combat Weaponry

Comment

LoneGunman is right. I stopped using the standard release agent in favor of Johnson's Paste Floor Wax, many years ago.
      Just apply a heavy coat with a brush, and DON'T wipe it off. It also seems to be easier to clean off than the release agent, and doesn't have to dry for a long time.

Johnson's is available at most Wal-Mart's and hardware stores that sell wood flooring supplies.

Comment

I also use johnsons. heat until soft and apply with a paintbrush after damming any holes with modelling clay.

------------------
        T. Mark "gunplumber" Graham
        Arizona Response Systems
        Products and Services for the Armed Professional
        http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com
        Phoenix, AZ 623-873-1410

Comment

Working...
        X