WTK about shorting a barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTK about shorting a barrel

Need to know a good way to cut a shotgun barrel square with a hacksaw. Or would I be better off using a pipe cutter??

------------------
    The right to buy,own and use weapons is the right to be free.

Mr. West, not every situation requires your patented approach of shoot first, shoot later, shoot some more and then when everybody's dead try to ask a question or two.
    (President Grant from the Wild, Wild West)

Pipe cutter would get you closer to square providing it will cut it. I have no idea if it will. If you put the barrel in a barrel vise and rest the blade against the vise to use it as a guide that ought to get you pretty close providing that the vise is level. Or you can use the pipe cutter to score the barrel so you'll have an indication on whether the hacksaw blade wandered on you.

------------------
    Custom Combat Weaponry

Comment

Somebody one referenced a plumbing tool, the name of which I cannot remember. (I'm not sure it even exists.) It is a block that clamps to the tube and provides a hardened, perpendicular surface. You can rough cut with a hacksaw, then file down to the surface of the block for an even edge.

Comment

John, wrap masking tape around barrel, using the tape as a guide, cut it with the hacksaw, then use a file to remove saw marks, you can square the cut with the file as well. It can look like the job was completed on a lathe.

Al

Comment

I`ve used a pipe cutter with good results,perfectly square.If you use the kind that has a swing out triangular blade you can debur and chamfer the muzzle quickly.

Comment

Working...
          X