Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitting here .. LA LA Playing with my >>>

YA Y... oops!

I am really sitting here wondering what I need to do to Accurize my Romanian Ak47? In our local USPSA club, we are going to have a Rifle Side match and possibly a "Three Gun USPSA Match" in the near future.

I am considering competing with my AK. What would you do to improve the performance of the AK-47?

I am thinking about Trigger, sights, and even a way to help with improving mag change capabilities. These Modifications need to be Legal, and I want to keep in mind the "US Parts count"

Thanks,

Death Merchant

------------------
    "Respect, Honor, Discipline" Values for Life!
    \"Respect, Honor, Discipline\" ....My Values for Life!

a laundry list of options:
    - Red star arms trigger
    - barrel crowned
    - ultimak mount
    - ARMS throw lever base
    - Trijicon reflex w/12 MOA triangle reticle
    - primo ammo(ask around), barnul is among the better of the Rooski stuff

------------------
    It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life...and death. It shall be life. - Chief Ten Bears

We thought about it for a long time, “Endeavor to persevere.” And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union. - Lone Watie

Comment

Josey >>

Welcome to the Forum! I have heard alot about that Red Star Arms Trigger. What advantages does it have over the Original? How difficlut was the instalation?

Death Merchant

------------------

Comment

Well, hello DM. Good to hear from ya.
        Just remember, in competition, you can't get away with just doing the 'bump'. LOL

------------------
        ..MrM
        Kentucky Proud! Been there, done that! The sheeple WILL flock to the protectors' fold in time of need. I am a protector.

Eighty-Six MILLION legally armed Americans caused NO harm yesterday.
        Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
        I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959/1963

Comment

DM,
          First of all Hi! I saw your invite in GD and came on down.

Regarding trigger install on an AK, I didn't use the excellent by reputation RedStar but I did put a Gordon Tech II in my MAK after owning it for a week. It's really easy and I did it without instruction sheet one. The RedStar has outstanding documentation from what I've been told so it should not be a concern.

The Chinese triggers are really good compared to most AK's I hear and the G-tech is twice as nice as the original. Smooth even take up and releases same point every time. The RedStar again trumps the G-tech I think because you can choose between single or double stage in the same fire control group.

The RedStar is a little over twice the price of the G-Tech 2 and that's why I have the G-Tech. If I were going to compete to win I would swap in a RedStar in a heartbeat based solely on the excellent rep they have.

FYI - RedStar also test fits every group in an SAR before they ship them.

NS6

Edit to add the trigger pull on the RS is adjustable also.

[This message has been edited by NightStalker6 (edited 07 August 2002).]
          <b>2 Corinthians 3:17 - Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. </b>

Comment

Hi Ya DM.How about a Kobra for that side rail?With your skills,I bet you can smooth out that stock trigger to you own preference.I would stick with the mag flap and practice,practice,,you know.Hope to see you at the range now that the kids are back in school!

------------------
            Make every day count.Take the time to stop and smell the powder.

Comment

Powder Burn!

Good to hear from you! Since you been gone our friend MrM, Is a Moderator now!

I am useing that Stock you made on the AK. I am having difficulty locating the Grip hardware for that pistol grip you made. Any thoughts on how I can locate one?
              I have recieved alot of comment on the "Hammer and Sicle" you carved into the butt stock. Looks great!

I am getting alot of "trigger slap" in my Ak now. It has just started it after about 2000+ rounds. The hammer is really getting beat up! I think I am going to need to find some better quality parts.

We do need to meet up with MrM at the Creek real soon! Seems he needs more practice with Da" Bump! and I would like to check out the Cobra sight on your AK.

Good SHOOTin,

Death Merchant

------------------

Comment

DeathMerchant,

The RedArms trigger is awesome in an AK. First it is adjustable, it's not a stamped trigger and it does away with a fair amount of that trigger slap most AK's seem to have.

Admittedly it isn't cheap but if I would pay that kinda money out to buy one (on Packrat's encouragement I might add) you got to consider it should be a good trigger.

Sounds like you are going to have an interesting project going here with this AK of yours - do take pictures (before and after) so we can see how it goes.

Comment

Red Star Arms also has a modified mag release, that makes mag changes easier.

Check out their website:
                  http://www.redstararms.com/

Comment

Sounds like your ready for some new parts anyway DM.Maybe CDNN,or Centerfire Systems on the hardware for the grip.If you don't find any,maybe I can use yours for a pattern and fix you one like you want it. Glad you like the stock.Remember it was carved by a soviet grunt in Afganistan with his bayo.LOL!!!Its good to be back.I have been doing some more wood work.Finally got some tools and a lathe.If all goes well my next project will be for production and sales.Hope to see you soon!

------------------
                    Make every day count.Take the time to stop and smell the powder.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DEATHMERCHANT308:
                      YA Y... oops!

I am really sitting here wondering what I need to do to Accurize my Romanian Ak47? In our local USPSA club, we are going to have a Rifle Side match and possibly a "Three Gun USPSA Match" in the near future.

I am considering competing with my AK. What would you do to improve the performance of the AK-47?

I am thinking about Trigger, sights, and even a way to help with improving mag change capabilities. These Modifications need to be Legal, and I want to keep in mind the "US Parts count"

Thanks,

Death Merchant

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just popped in to see what was going on. I'm not a regular in here or even an AK fan but saw this: http://assaultweb.net/ubb/Forum3/HTML/004332.html I am very impressed with the concept. Gives me a whole new out look on the AK. Funny something so simple seems to make such a big difference. That is depending if it works as good as it looks like it should.
                      Anyone make one of these and put it to use? Is there a commercial manufacturer making anything similar?

Comment

NightStalker6 &gt;&gt;&gt;

Thanks for the Info and welcome to the Forum, Do you have contact information for the Trigger group you mentioned? I am willing to pursue all possibilites.

Good SHOOTin,

Death Merchant

------------------

Comment

Here is a link to the Gordon Technologies website, maker of the G-Tech trigger mentioned above:
                          http://www.gordontechnologies.com

Here is some info on the RSA trigger:
                          http://www.redstararms.com/AK_Trigge..._Pictures.html
                          http://www.redstararms.com/AK_Trigger_Group.html
                          http://www.redstararms.com/feedback.html

Comment

Working...
                          X