This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• single to double stack A.K conversion

I have a single stack ak and I was wondering how much it would cost to convert it to double stack I also have US stocks and U.S made fire control parts to stay legal.I was told Informer SAI does them how much does he charge and how long would it take to get my rifle back? thanks inadvance for any info

It's illegal to convert a single stack to a double stack. It doesn't make any difference how many US parts you use. Just a word of warning.

------------------
    Of all the things I lost I miss my mind the most

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gunrunnerred:
      It's illegal to convert a single stack to a double stack. It doesn't make any difference how many US parts you use. Just a word of warning.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't belive that's correct. The single stack AKs were a result of the BATF adding the abilty to accept hi cap mags to the "unsporting features list" of the import ban, 922(r). The addition of US parts makes the rifle a non-import and thus exempted from that ban.

As for cost, how much do you charge for filing and dremeling?

Comment

Hello Dobermann:

Check out these three links regarding conversion. From what these gents write it IS legal:
        http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showth...ack+conversion

That should give you some decent info, and places to look for other information.

Stay Safe,
        AGreyMan

Comment

BS it is. Where do you get your misinformation from? As long as his parts count is correct the rifle can be converted.
          <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gunrunnerred:
          It's illegal to convert a single stack to a double stack. It doesn't make any difference how many US parts you use. Just a word of warning.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Of course it is legal.

Alot of the difficulty of such a conversion depends on which type of low cap AK you have. The SA 2000m is quite easy, and since it has a US stock. that is two fewer parts to switch.

The romanians are supposed to have
            different trunnions or somethihng that requires alot more machining to restore to original design.

Comment

Just a quick question Dobermann. How MANY folks are you going to try and sell it too once you have finished it?

Comment

Let's all get together and do a group buy on it.

------------------
                The right to buy,own and use weapons is the right to be free.

Mr. West, not every situation requires your patented approach of shoot first, shoot later, shoot some more and then when everybody's dead try to ask a question or two.
                (President Grant from the Wild, Wild West)

Comment

Dobermann is history. He won't be back. AWers stick together.

------------------
                  ..MrM
                  Kentucky Proud! Been there, done that! The sheeple WILL flock to the protectors' fold in time of need. I am a protector.

Eighty-Six MILLION legally armed Americans caused NO harm yesterday.
                  Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
                  I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959/1963

Comment

Is there anyplace on the web that gives clear instructions on this conversion from single-stack to double-stack magazines? I have found bits and pieces here and there. One person says do this, another says do that. I just purchased a 2002 model WASR-10 and have the US parts. I just need some guidance in opening the mag well, etc. Help anyone?

Comment

I think this post has run its course. Thanks for all those who responded proffessionaly.

Death Merchant

------------------
                      "Respect, Honor, Discipline" Values for Life!
                      \"Respect, Honor, Discipline\" ....My Values for Life!

Comment

Working...
                      X