CASEING STUCK IN MY A.K(HELP)!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CASEING STUCK IN MY A.K(HELP)!!!!!!!

AT THE RANGE TODAY WITH MY ROM.SAR-1 A.K,SHOOTING WOLF S.P AMMO,18 ROUNDS INTO THE MAG,A LOUD"BAM",WHITE SMOKE ENGULFED THE WEAPON.THE EXTRACTOR PULLED THE HEAD OFF THE CASEING,LEAVEING THE HOLLOWED-OUT PART IN THE CHAMBER.TOOK IT TO THE GUN-SMITH AND HE STILL HASENT BEEN ABLE TO GET IT OUT.SAID IT LOOKS AS IF THE CASE IS WELDED TO THE CHAMBER.HELP!!! ANYONE???

Take a deep breath and calm down.
    The smith may not be familiar with ruptured casings and is a little lost.

Believe me, I haven't seen one yet that couldn't be removed.

If nothing else, spray real good with WD/40 or something like it, take a reamer or tap that's a little oversize and work with that. It WILL come out. Let us know.

------------------
    ..MrM
    Kentucky Proud! Been there, done that! The sheeple WILL flock to the protectors' fold in time of need. I am a protector.

Eighty-Six MILLION legally armed Americans caused NO harm yesterday.
    Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
    I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959/1963

Comment

he melted something and put inside the caseing,let it set-up,and still couldnt get it out.he said that usually works.i left it with him to work on.hope its not a loss.wonder why the cartridge did that?ive fired thousands of rounds through a.k and sks rifles without problem.

Comment

Odds are what he melted was cerrosafe, if used it correctly I have never seen it not remove a stuck casing. The best way I found to use it is to push a wet piece of paper towel down the bore to around an inch in front of the stuck casing. Melt the cerrosafe and pour it in from the chamber, the wet paper towel will stop it from traveling up the barrel. When hardened you can use a brass rod to drive the casing and cerrosafe out. Cerrosafe can be purchased from brownells.

Comment

You need one of these items. A broken shell exractor.

Available from www.tapco.com

At this link EXTRACTOR

Comment

my a.k is back up! thanks

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by w.e gilbert:
              my a.k is back up! thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gotcha on AK being up. Saw on another forum where you've fired 60 rounds with NO problem.

Inquiring minds wanna know:
              1: What happened to cause problem?
              2: Exactly how did the smith fix it?
              3: Any damage at all?
              4: How hard was it for the smith to fix?
              5: Last-does the smith have any comments or suggestions?

Thanks in advance and glad ya got it fixed.

------------------
              ..MrM
              Kentucky Proud! Been there, done that! The sheeple WILL flock to the protectors' fold in time of need. I am a protector.

Eighty-Six MILLION legally armed Americans caused NO harm yesterday.
              Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
              I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959/1963

Comment

Working...
              X