Colt Series 70 SS slide and bushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt Series 70 SS slide and bushing

Guy is selling this for $150 but it needs an ejector and firing pin. I imagine the spring also. What am I looking at dollar wise in completeing this upper? and is it worth it in the first place?

Mark
    REMEMBER:
    If you do settle in Texas and bear children, don't think we will accept them as Texans.
    After all, if the cat had kittens in the oven, we ain't gonna call'em biscuits.

Extractor 23.00
    Firing pin 7.75
    Firing Pin Spring 3.53
    Firing Pin Stop 11.45

These are retail prices on Colt parts out of Brownells. Other manufactures prices are less as is dealer price.

------------------
    The right to buy,own and use weapons is the right to be free.

Mr. West, not every situation requires your patented approach of shoot first, shoot later, shoot some more and then when everybody's dead try to ask a question or two.
    (President Grant from the Wild, Wild West)

Comment

MG, I was at the gunshow today and most of the slides cost more than $150 so maybe that is not a bad price, BUT I was told that there were NO Series 70 in Stainless Steel !! WHoops if that is true as I don't know at all. I am just looking for a slide that will work and I can put some iron sights on that will work for me, low profile Millets or Novak, my first choice. Know anything about the truth on the SS slides in Series 70 ??? I am going back to the show tomorrow to perhaps pick something up depending on what you think.

Mark
      REMEMBER:
      If you do settle in Texas and bear children, don't think we will accept them as Texans.
      After all, if the cat had kittens in the oven, we ain't gonna call'em biscuits.

Comment

AMT made the first stainless 1911 style pistol, but I don't remember when. I seem to remember the early 1980's, though.

The slide you saw may be made later, but roll marked series 70 because it doesn't have the firing pin block cutouts, or it was intended to retrofit on older guns.

Comment

there are some series 70 guns that are actually 80 series, with the safety crap, they came about during the transition between 70 to 80, the safety system was in Colts mind before they thought of series 80

this slide, if in good condition, either 70 or 80 series is DEFINETLY worth $150, ive sold completely stripped S80 SS slides for $180, and stripped S70 slides for $200+. and at these prices are very competitive, some go for a lot more.

you didnt mention if it had a barrel with it, go to a gun show and buy those extra small parts you need, you can find good used parts there for cheaper than brownells, it would cost less than 50bux to complete this, and another 50bux for a good used barrel.

------------------
          The truth is the diagonal cross section is inversley proportional to the pi R squared dimetral pitch. Divide that by the obtuse plasma heilcoloid and add the flutings bi lateral quanitfication you see that the asnwer is quite obvious

Comment

Working...
          X