Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beretta 92 question

I do not know much about gunsmithing.

That being said... My berreta 92G has that modern feature that if the slide is pushed back (with the trigger pulled) it won't fire. Once pressure is released off the barrel, one has to release pressure on the trigger and repull the trigger.

Can I modify it so that it will fire when pressure is released?

Thanks!!

RS

PS I've learned alot in this forum - you guys are awesome.

You asked if it could be modified. I'm sure it could, but why?
    That is a safety feature (I think-ouch) and IMO should NOT be tinkered with.

It doesn't hurt it to have it.

------------------
    ..MrM
    Kentucky Proud! Been there, done that! The sheeple WILL flock to the protectors' fold in time of need. I am a protector.

Eighty-Six MILLION legally armed Americans caused NO harm yesterday.
    Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
    I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959/1963

Comment

It is a "safety" feature I don't care for.

It is not a desirable feature in close quarters combat.

Plus, its nice for leading your opponent around - press the gun to the head, pull the trigger, and tell him to follow you CLOSELY and NOT let the pressure off the front of the slide.

Joking on this last point of course!

RS

Comment

Can be done. Cost 10 years and 10,000 dollars. It is called converting your pistol into a machine gun.

------------------
        The right to buy,own and use weapons is the right to be free.

Mr. West, not every situation requires your patented approach of shoot first, shoot later, shoot some more and then when everybody's dead try to ask a question or two.
        (President Grant from the Wild, Wild West)

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mgjohn:
          Can be done. Cost 10 years and 10,000 dollars. It is called converting your pistol into a machine gun.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No its NOT!! If that's true, early Colt 1911's are Class 3 as well! Ask your buddies in Vietnam about leading the enemy around with a pistol pressed into their forehead and the trigger pulled.

All I want is the feature removed, the pistol still requires the trigger to be pulled after each round.

RS

Comment

RS,
            This "modern safety feature" of which you speak is commonly called the disconnector. When the slide retracts after firing a shot, its job is to disconnect the trigger bar from the lockwork, thus requiring you to release and re-pull the trigger for the next shot.

If you disable this feature, the hammer will follow the slide after each shot, possibly touching off the next round. i.e. similar to a machinegun

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Southern Raider:
              RS,
              This "modern safety feature" of which you speak is commonly called the disconnector. When the slide retracts after firing a shot, its job is to disconnect the trigger bar from the lockwork, thus requiring you to release and re-pull the trigger for the next shot.

If you disable this feature, the hammer will follow the slide after each shot, possibly touching off the next round. i.e. similar to a machinegun
              <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK - I buy that. But what about the old 1911's? If they are ATF-kosher then mine will be as well, right?

I can't think of any stories about a 1911 releasing an extra round.

RS

Comment

No pistol in proper working order should let the hammer fall when the slide returns to battery. If you have heard of 1911s doing this, I'd bet the disconnector was badly worn and/or out of spec or modified in some manner.

I could see where the violence of the recoil may make a difference in such a case. A high speed impact of the slide on the disconnector when fired causes it to work properly, but slowly nudging it back doesn't.

1911s have not changed in their basic design for 90 years, with the exception of the firing pin block, which shouldn't matter. I just tried what you described on a 1969 vintage commander and the hammer did not fall.

Comment

Southern Raider is correct. That is a sign of a malfunctioning pistol. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DUPLICATE THAT.

You run the risk of out of battery firing, legal issues, safety issues, etc.

That is a can of worms best not opened.

Mike

------------------
                  When the hammer drops, the BS stops!

MOLON LABE!!!!!!

Would you trust a pedophile to give your 12 year old daughter advice on healthy sexual relationships? No? Then why would you trust the anti-gun zeolots "advice" on firearms and firearm safety?

Comment

Interesting subject. Southern Raider, you have mail--thanks.
                    Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
                    I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959/1963

Comment

Okidoki - I've changed my mind. Thank you!

I respond well to reason.

RS

Comment

Working...
                      X