AK last round stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AK last round stop

I have a question, would it be possible to have a last round open bolt system on an AK but with a bolt release system like on the AR series ... and if possible can anyone tell me and send me the plans on how to do it.

Like the M-16 when you give it a hit on the left side slide release ...

------------------
    GodSpeed ... Be Safe ...

G_K_I: Maybe soneone better than I could tell you for sure, but I think it would be a semi-major undertaking. Somewhere in the dim recesses of my mind (?) I have seen something written on that.

I do know, that on a SAR 1, one can pull trigger (EMPTY WEAPON), allow bolt to SLOWLY go home and bolt will stay open.
    Also, if you pull safety up and allow bolt to slowly close, safety will hold it precariously open. File a notch in the right place on safety arm and it will remain open better.
    Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
    I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959/1963

Comment

That's a good idea ... but i was thinking more in the line of the Ar style or maybe even like the 1911 colt combat handguns have a slide release on the side of the tiger ... anyway thank you for your insight hope to get more of them soon ... i have a couple of spare AKs slovak ones ( commonly called Slavia here ) they are a few pound lighter and their ROF is higher but the over all lengh of the barrel is shorter so i took out the buttstock and made a heliocoidal ( i hope i wrote it right ) like the ones on the Calico Liberator models that fit's from the bayonett lug to the mag well it was originaly made to hold 70 rounds turned out it could hold 65 but it jammed on the first few rounds that is why it can only take 63 and after extensive testing by the fellows at the range it turned out to be very stable as an automatic SMG the recoil attenuated the weight ballance on the front part ... anyway ... thanks again ... and keep em comming ...

GodSpeed

------------------
      GodSpeed ... Be Safe ...

Comment

Working...
      X