AR15 collapsable buttstocks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR15 collapsable buttstocks.

Is it possible to modify a 2 position buttstock into one that has 3 or 4 positions?

If not, does the whole thing need to be replaced or can you just get a new buffer tube? Where would be the best place to find a buffer tube?

You can drill the holes if you have adrill press. The only issue is you would need a bit without a pointed end (milling bit of some type I assume). The tubes are the same only with more or less holes. A complete cheapy stock runs $40, a tube alone is about $20 or so. The CAR style buffer tube is not usually sold seperately but thewy are out there. Ask CMMG if he has one. Hell, he may have a used one you could snag up.

I would bet you would pay $20 for the proper bit. Not sure if you could modify a bit without breaking it.

------------------
    There is no "I" in team!
    There is no I' n team!
    [URL="http://www.cjcs-supply.net"]www.cjcs-supply.net[/URL]
    There are three types of people in the world: 1. Those that can count. 4. Those that can't.
    So, am I your man Mr. Dumbass? The name, is Dumaas!

Comment

just drill the thing 3/4 of the way with a std. twist drill bit. then grind the bit flat on a grinding wheel. put a slight relief angle (also called "ti[-off"...5 is plenty) behind the cutting edges and yer good to go. finish the hole with that. a 15 minute "instant 4-pos" stock.

Comment

Working...
      X