How to thread the muzzle on my SAR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to thread the muzzle on my SAR?

I need to thread the barrel on my SAR and permanently attach a muzzle nut. How to thread and where to get the parts?

Why would you thread it only to put a muzzle nut on it? The only way to thread it without a lathe is to take down the barrel diameter with a file or on a grinder, its not easy keeping it round using either method. You'd then need to purchase a 14mm x 1.0 LH die to thread the muzzle. Last step is to use 1100 degree silver solder or weld it in place.

Comment

So I couldn't just get the die and turn it? I would have to grind down the diameter first?

Comment

Or just measure the diameter of the muzzle and ream the muzzle nut or muzzle brake to just under that diameter and press it on,eliminating the thread issue altogether,then you could either tack weld it or just drill and tap the bottom for a set screw,wouldn`t be much of a task.
        Bossman

Comment

Brownells has the threading die and pilot to do it. Be aware though that the ATF frowns on it highly though.

Comment

He would be noncompliant with 922 from the point that the barrel was threaded up until the point when the nut was attached. Besides that why would the ATF frown on it, theres nothing wrong with threading a barrel and permamently attaching a muzzle nut or a muzzle device As long as its not a FH.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hawk45:
            Brownells has the threading die and pilot to do it. Be aware though that the ATF frowns on it highly though.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

I am curious about how the hell I can remove the pins that hold the front sight tower on the SAR AK type rifles. I have been bashing the pin heads with a punch and a 5lb hammer and they do not budge. Is there a trick to it? I am half tempted to just cut the whole thing off and use new pins.

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Comment

Working...
              X