painting a 10/22 barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painting a 10/22 barrel

I have a Butler Creek featherweight barrel for my 10/22 and was wondering if there is a way to paint over the stainless steel muzzle and breach? The rest of the barrel is black, however, the muzzle and breach is a stainless steel, which looks kind of stupid on my blued gun. Not too big of a deal, but I was hoping there would be a reliable method I could use to paint over the stainless steel parts and still make the barrel look good. Basically I just want to remove the shine from the stainless and make the barrel completely black. Any suggestions would be very appreciated. Thanks!

the cheapest and easiest way would be to rough it up with sand paper and spray paint.

If it gets alot of rough treatment you may need to repeat the process every once in a while.

I'm sure there is a more professional way to do it, but that would require you to teflon coat it or something.

Comment

Like ISC said anything you spray on the Barrel will eventually need touch up. One good thing is it is not permanent.

Have you considered spraying on the "Spray on Bedliner" You can pick it up at your local Wally world for just under $8.00. It gives a unique finish. You will need to cover the entire barrel for a consistant job.

It can be removed. Just be carefull to apply even coats and take your time!! You will be pleased with the results.

Good SHOOTin,

Death Merchant

------------------
      "Respect, Honor, Discipline" Values for Life!
      \"Respect, Honor, Discipline\" ....My Values for Life!

Comment

Working...
      X