Please tell me what to do!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please tell me what to do!

Ok, I have a Maadi receiver MISR imported by CAI. It came with a thumbhole stock that incorperated the pistol grip screw and the two top wood screws to hold the butt/pistol grip on. I now want to install an Ironwood seprate butt and pistol grip. The thing is that my receiver back, where the tang of the new butt is supposed to slide into is closed....in metal...like a metal sheet is over the rear of my receiver where the butt should slide in. Can I or should I punch it out? Can I dremel cut it out? What should I do and why is mine like this? Please help!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by spider:
    Ok, I have a Maadi receiver MISR imported by CAI. It came with a thumbhole stock that incorperated the pistol grip screw and the two top wood screws to hold the butt/pistol grip on. I now want to install an Ironwood seprate butt and pistol grip. The thing is that my receiver back, where the tang of the new butt is supposed to slide into is closed....in metal...like a metal sheet is over the rear of my receiver where the butt should slide in. Can I or should I punch it out? Can I dremel cut it out? What should I do and why is mine like this? Please help!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should just be tack welded.... Mine were like that, I just dremeled and tapped out.

no problem
    you may need a pistol grip base and screw - there are two differant lengths of screws also - the chinese is the shorter one, the europeon, the longer one.

If you receiver says "reciever made by maadi"
    then you have what I have - MISR chinese parts kit on egyptian receiver. The harware is all chinese, and the trigger group is egyptian.

HTH&gt;

------------------
    DEO VINDICE!
    Motstå
    New Dawn Survivalist Confederation

Comment

Working...
    X