Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two questions: polishing and Hi-Power trigger pin removal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two questions: polishing and Hi-Power trigger pin removal.

Just curious to see if anyone has ever removed the trigger pin on a browning hi-power? I also need to know what is the best method for smoothing out small dings or scratches. I have a buffing wheel but it may need something a little more course- don't want to mess up this project so please let me know.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bryant:
    Just curious to see if anyone has ever removed the trigger pin on a browning hi-power? I also need to know what is the best method for smoothing out small dings or scratches. I have a buffing wheel but it may need something a little more course- don't want to mess up this project so please let me know. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've done it before, but beware, that little sucker is a PITA to get back in place with the trigger spring correct.

Just use the correct sized pin punch is all i can say.

------------------
    DEO VINDICE!
    Motstå
    New Dawn Survivalist Confederation

Comment

If youve never machine polished before I would advise against it unless you practice first on something other than your BHP. Its way to easy for the wheel to catch unexpectedly and remove too much metal, easy to wash out lettering and easy to egg out the pin holes. For shallow scrathes Id use 600 grit sandpaper and then steel wool, depending on how deep they are.

What kind of finish are you going to be putting on the BHP when you are done? If teflon is an option, it will cover most of the scratches and you wouldnt want it polished anyway, it wont adhere properly. You can get a decent finish from the Teflon/moly brownells sells in a spray can. If you have access to a compressor and spray gun thats even better.

Comment

My 2:40 BHP home gunsmithing video is now in stock ready for shipment. $25 delivered.

------------------
        T. Mark "gunplumber" Graham
        Arizona Response Systems
        Products and Services for the Armed Professional
        http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com
        Phoenix, AZ 623-873-1410

Comment

Working...
        X