Barrells: Where to get 'em?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrells: Where to get 'em?

I got this project where I may try to convert an M11 Cobray to shoot .38 Super or .40S&W.

Problem is, this is a 9X19 gun.

Don't bring up bolt-weight/spring issues. That's another thread.

So where can I get a barrell? ALl I want is to be able to order a barrell that is rifled and chambered. All I would need to do is cut it, fit it, or whatever else needs to be done. I do not have the tools or ability to rifle a barrell.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated. I may also have an M1 Carbine in .38 Super project to consider.

It all comes down to barrells and chambers.

Stay away from Federal Barrels. THey suck.

I'd talk to Hart and see what they could do for you. You will have to look them up on the net. I don't have their contact info here.

You do realize that you will have to permanently modify the lower to make this work (feed ramp). Will you be using 9mm mags with the .40?

Mike

------------------
    When the hammer drops, the BS stops!

Comment

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/

Check them first, many time's they have new barrel's for sale cheap. Already chambered, this will be surplus items, not weapon specific.

------------------
      NRA GOA TFA IDPA

Comment

Well, you could get a replacement barrel, in case the project sours, and use the original for mods. Such as drilling/reaming the chamber to suit headspace requirements.
        Sounds like an interesting project.

Comment

Talk with Kurt Wala of Kurts Kustom (in the Industry Forums section of AR15.com). He could make one up for you.

Comment

Working...
          X