Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9mm AK?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 9mm AK?

    Who was the one building the 9mm AK?? Please post updated pictures... As I was thinking of also building one using a Soumi drum mag for the feeding device... Also looking for a good price on a AK-74 (5.45x39) bolt and carrier... Thanks guys...

    ------------------
    AR-Shooter OUT!!!

    Aut Vincere Aut Mori!!

  • #2
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AR-Shooter:
    Who was the one building the 9mm AK?? Please post updated pictures... As I was thinking of also building one using a Soumi drum mag for the feeding device... Also looking for a good price on a AK-74 (5.45x39) bolt and carrier... Thanks guys...

    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    A guy over on AK47 net built one in 7.62x25mm

    He goes by the name of sino-soviet.

    From what I understand, he was not able to get it to work properly.

    I'm putting parts together for a 8mm AK and a .45 ACP AK. Oncce I get them built, I'll post pics here.



    ------------------
    DEO VINDICE!
    Motstå
    New Dawn Survivalist Confederation

    Comment


    • #3
      What type of mag. are you planning on useing for the 45 acp?? What type of 8mm are you planning?? A necked 7.62x39?? Keep us posted!! I would like to hear more about your plans!!!



      ------------------
      AR-Shooter OUT!!!

      Aut Vincere Aut Mori!!

      Comment


      • #4
        <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AR-Shooter:
        What type of mag. are you planning on useing for the 45 acp?? What type of 8mm are you planning?? A necked 7.62x39?? Keep us posted!! I would like to hear more about your plans!!!

        <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

        AR - the 8mm version is/will be a full sized 8mm using MG13 mags.
        I plan on using a Saiga .308 as a base to build it up on.

        For the .45 version, I plan on using tommy gun mags, with a milled mag well/one piece trunnion.

        Once I get my mill, I'll be off and running.....



        ------------------
        DEO VINDICE!
        Motstå
        New Dawn Survivalist Confederation

        Comment


        • #5
          Isn't a .45 AK more of a step back then an improvement I mean you got a good reliable powerfull rifle that you are going thru all the trouble converting to a handgun round, don't get me wrong I love the 45 but for pistols also isn't the .45ammo more expensive than 7.62x39?

          Comment


          • #6
            <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by halberto45:
            Isn't a .45 AK more of a step back then an improvement I mean you got a good reliable powerfull rifle that you are going thru all the trouble converting to a handgun round, don't get me wrong I love the 45 but for pistols also isn't the .45ammo more expensive than 7.62x39?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

            Kind of, but I like neat/interesting guns.

            I may even register it as a SBR to get that sub gun feel....



            ------------------
            DEO VINDICE!
            Motstå
            New Dawn Survivalist Confederation

            Comment


            • #7
              The soviets had them in 9x21 and 9x18 called the Bizon. It can be done but you may want to look for detailed pictures before starting your project. The reciever will have to be cut down in the front and the trunnion re-installed.

              Comment


              • #8
                If you are looking for an AR15 in ak47 caliber, Kent Turnipseed has one available with I think 8 high cap mags. 1-480-802-0346

                Comment

                Working...
                X