installing an "ultimate sniper" stock, have a couple questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing an "ultimate sniper" stock, have a couple questions

ok, first off, is there a difference between choate's rem 700 long action BDL and ADL ultimate sniper stocks? everything i have invoice wise points to the fact that i have a BDL version, which i should have. thing is, it turns the gun into a blind feed, like the ADL. is that right? if it is right, how should i set the internal magazine up? i tried a couple different configurations, they all made the gun feed hard, and the rounds were getting caught up and snagged on stuff. somehow, the stock feels like it is the wrong one. and on the last config, it made the bolt get locked up with a chambered round, which is fairly disconserting. the action was working smoothly, then it just froze up. i was careful to check for any hangover on the front and rear receiver screw when i bolted the gun into the stock, there was none.

i sent an email off to choate, but doubt it will be answered quickly. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cutnell:
    ok, first off, is there a difference between choate's rem 700 long action BDL and ADL ultimate sniper stocks? everything i have invoice wise points to the fact that i have a BDL version, which i should have. thing is, it turns the gun into a blind feed, like the ADL. is that right? if it is right, how should i set the internal magazine up? i tried a couple different configurations, they all made the gun feed hard, and the rounds were getting caught up and snagged on stuff. somehow, the stock feels like it is the wrong one. and on the last config, it made the bolt get locked up with a chambered round, which is fairly disconserting. the action was working smoothly, then it just froze up. i was careful to check for any hangover on the front and rear receiver screw when i bolted the gun into the stock, there was none.

i sent an email off to choate, but doubt it will be answered quickly. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i talked to fred choate today on the phone. he is a nice guy, and offered to do all the installation himself if i sent the stock back.

he sent me an email telling me to call him personally so he could talk me through setting up the internal magazine.

i recommend buying from choate.

by the way, i love the stock more than i can put in words.

Comment

Working...
    X