9x18 to 9x19?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    That's not quite true. There is the Heritage Stealth 9x19, the Detonics Pocket 9, and the old Astra 600. All are blowbacks. The Detonics has an annular"ring" in the chamber. Upon firing, the brass is extruded into this ring, which of course delays blowback. All the MAC10 and Tec 9 type "pistols" are simple blowbacks. With a very heavy slide (lead added?) and very stiff springs, and not-so-hot ammo, it could probably be done, but I wouldnt fire it much.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The 9x18 is just about as high as you can safely go in a blow back pistol. That was one of the goals when the Russkies first developed the round. Baikal had made a 9x19 Makarov but it used a sort of delayed blow back design. Unfortunately, Komrad Klinton put an end to it coming into thee US and at the same time doomed B-West which had sunk a lot of money into the pistol's development.

Leave a comment:

• Vulcan
    replied
    I have a PA-63 in .380. A guy at work was loking at the PA-63 in 9x18 and was wondering if it could be converted to 9x19. I don't have any 9x18 specs or ammo to look at and was wondering.

He is too tight to do the barrel swap.

------------------
    There is no "I" in team!

Leave a comment:

• LEE7.62
    replied
    If you're so inclined to change calibers go with one of Federal Arms .380 drop-in bbls for $49 bucks. And the bbl press if you can't make one yourself. It's only one pin that holds it in. Same mags will work.

Leave a comment:

• Herr Walther
    replied
    Dun't duit Laddie. The pressure of the 9mm will not allow the blowback action of the PA-63 to remain locked. You will quite likely blow the slide right off of the frame on the first round. You know what is usually behind the slide when you fire a handgun.

The steel used in the PA-63 is not the greatest to begin with.

The PA-63 is a cheap copy of the Walther PPK.

------------------
    "It was people who upheld their duties to their office, the constitution, and the public by opposing Hitler who were called traitors"
    -------------------------------------
    "...a historian asked what had happened to the German people for them to accept a criminal government. Unfortunately, nothing needed to happen. In nations across the world people accept government crime."
    -------------------------------------
    "In democracies as well as dictatorships, subordinates illegally obey their rulers. Subordinates who remain true to their oaths of office by opposing their rulers are rare."

Leave a comment:

• ISC
    replied
    I don't see how, 9x18 has a larger diameter bullet than 9 para, so the barrel would need to be changed. Additionally, 9x19 is a higher pressure round, and since most 9 mak pistols are straight blowback, an additional locking method would be required.

I'm not familiar with the PA 63, but I think that they are blowback too.

If you had a .380 pistol, and reamed the chamber, you could shoot downloaded 9mm ammo.

You would be basically chambering it for 9 Glisenti.

Leave a comment:

• Vulcan
    started a topic 9x18 to 9x19?

9x18 to 9x19?

Can you convert a 9x18 to 9x19? The pistol in question is a PA-63.

------------------
    There is no "I" in team!
Working...
X