• Show
Clear All

• Cleaning

After how many rounds should I consider cleaning my;

AK

9mm

22 rifle

Shotgun

All I ever heard is that they should be clean all the time. Is that cliche'?

The rule is; If you fire it, you clean it.
    one round or 500, the amount does not matter.

If you use mil-sup ammo, this can be more important, as the salt used in the older primers can and will lead to rust.

Unity and good shooting
    Karl
    Karl

[url]http://grrrscave.blogspot.com/[/url]

Keep those e-mails and calls to your Congress people coming.

Comment

Perhaps I am to Anal about things, I clean my firearms after every Shooting session. This may be the same day or a few days later. It just depends on what is going on at the time.

About the only gun I have not cleaned on a consistant basis is my AK. From what I have heard and Experienced it can take alot of abuse!

Be very aware if you are shooting Corrosive Ammuniton, you must clean it up very soon after your shooting session. If you don't you can severly damage the bore of your weapon.

Good SHOOTin,

Death Merchant

------------------
      "Respect, Honor, Discipline" Values for Life!
      \"Respect, Honor, Discipline\" ....My Values for Life!

Comment

DITTO ALL ABOVE REPLIES!! CLEAN AS OFTEN AS YOU CAN (PREFERABLY WITHIN A FEW DAYS AFTER SHOTING) - AND THEN OF COURSE BE "SURE" TO PUT SOMETHING ON FOR CORROSION PREVENTION - LIGHT COAT OF QUALITY GUN OIL OR WHATEVER RINGS YOUR BELL.

IF YOU STICK THAT BABY IN THE CLOSET FOR A SEASON OR TWO AFTER YOU CLEAN IT WITHOUT OIL - YOU WILL REGRET IT LATER.

GOOD LUCK...

KG

Comment

Working...
        X