X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR Lower made from Bolt-together-flats

This comes from over at Weaponeer.net

http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/uploa...t_Receiver.pdf

It sure would be nice if we had specs/machinist drawings on the Fire Control Group.

Re: AR Lower made from Bolt-together-flats

So, only one post?

Every one just downloaded the drawings and were so focused on building it they neglected to come back and say "THANK YOU"?

THANK YOU!

:kneel:

Comment

Interesting build.
      Thanks!

I think these would be very doable, even in a SHTF scenario.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]“Corruptissima republica plurimae leges,”[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]“The more corrupt the republic, the more numerous the laws.”[/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=1]Publius Cornelius Tacitus[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=1][/SIZE] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]Sic Semper Tyrannis[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Comment

lasergunner,

I ran across some drawings for the FCG for an AR15 awhile back.
        I'll see if I can find them, and post.
        [CENTER][SIZE=1]“The more corrupt the republic, the more numerous the laws.”[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Comment

How long before ATF bans these? It would seem that if you can build a AR lower it would not take much more to make a M16 lower.
          Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
          Patrick Henry

The laws allow arms to be taken against an armed foe. Ovid

Comment

Originally posted by ah1g View Post
            How long before ATF bans these? It would seem that if you can build a AR lower it would not take much more to make a M16 lower.
            IIRC, it takes a slew of operating parts in the FCG, none of which can be used from the "semi" family of parts, to make that happen. Deliberate design at work.

Comment

I wonder, what, exactly, on this build, would be considered the "serialized" part?
              You know, like an AR build, and leaving the FCG pocket alone, would not constitute it being a "receiver".

It's ugly as sin, but funtionality wouldn't have to be purdy, would it?

I could think of a few applications of something like this, right off the top of my chrome dome.

Comment

KT Ordnance perfected that a few years ago and made an 80% kit out of it. I don't think they sell the separate parts though, you have to buy the entire thing around $250-$300
                Life, Liberty and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Comment

This one seems much nicer.

It's only three pieces.

I don't know how to post pictures, but it's assembled and with an upper on the bottom of this page.

http://www.ktordnance.com/kto/showcase.php

Here is one in that style the parts torn down.

http://www.pagunblog.com/2011/12/23/...slight-detour/

I can't seem to find the CADD drawings of and of the 3 piece unit though, just the 15 piece one that is ugly as sin.

Even the 3 piece could even be better looking if they took the time to give it a more conventional look on the outer sides.

I'm going to take a standard AR 15 Lower CADD drawing and see if I can slice it up into 3 pieces something like that just to see if I can do it.

I'm thinking 3 versions.
                  1: Screw together.
                  2: Pin together like the upper pins to the lower but pinning down and having the upper lock it all together.
                  3: A seam to TIG weld.

Comment

Here are blueprints for the 30 round AR15/M16 Magazine. This is from Firearms Files. http://firearmfiles.com/files/AR15/1...-Blueprint.pdf

http://firearmfiles.com/andromeda.php?q=f&f=%2Ffiles

I have seen a lot of good drawings and even some animations of the FCG but nowhere have I seen these components dimensioned.

Comment

So, anyone have one of those 3 or 4 piece lowers from KT?

I have seen one where the front is a separate piece (4 Pieces) and one where the front piece was split in half and each side was a part of the side plates (3 Pieces).

Comment

Disassembled pic of KT:
                        http://www.ktordnance.com/kto/detail/kt15bx.html

<-- Right Side Disassembled Left Side -->
                        In a corrupt society, the truth can be found in what is forbidden to say.

Comment

http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=109892

Comment

There's some great stuff on Weapons Guild too but you have to be a member to see it. Guys have made bolt together and weld together lowers there, and at least one recent thread shows a very nice looking bolt together unit.

I can cast rear sections to help create easy buffer towers instead of whittling down a big piece of stock. Working on perfecting that now. (Started trying to cast complete lowers but plenty of guys are doing that and since it takes a long time to machine a 0% lower, I figured I'd be much farther ahead to cast receivers like the KT Ordnance ones). No, casting isn't as strong as forging but neither is billet - nobody mentions that. They make lowers from polymer now and cast is also plenty strong for what we want.
                            Last edited by Sturmgewehr44; March 26, 2013, 11:33.

Comment

Working...
                            X