Homemade Firearm Cleaners & Lubricants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade Firearm Cleaners & Lubricants

Potential for saving quite a bit of money here in the long run.

http://www.frfrogspad.com/homemade.htm

Re: Homemade Firearm Cleaners & Lubricants

Thanks, I'll remember to try the brake fluid for rust removal. I've used Ed's Red without the acetone and lanolin for awhile

Comment

I've been using Ed's Red for 6 or 7 years now. I'm working on my third gallon. Note that I don't use it exclusively, because it doesn't have any copper or lead solvent in it. Besides that, if you haven't sniffed any Hoppes #9, you really haven't cleaned firearms. It's mandatory!

Two notes on the formula, though. If you buy a quart bottle of clear lamp oil at Wally World, or wherever, and sub that for the kerosene, you avoid the smell. And that's all the lamp oil is, is de-scented kerosene. It's a whole lot easier to find by the quart than regular kerosene is, too.

Second, I've replaced the ATF with Marvel Mystery Oil. It seems to work a bit better, to me.
      Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Whatever you do.....DO NOT use "Lime-away" on anything parkerized. Don't ask as to how I found out.....

The thing's we learn as we search for the "ultimate" cleaning agent!!!
        And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. Chap.20 Vs.4)

Comment

I haven't ordered any of these yet but I am going to. Looks like a $2 Ed's Red container to me.
          http://www.armygear.net/ag/store/00094.html

Comment

Working...
          X