Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for AR15 gunsmith video/DVD

Recommendations for AR15 gunsmith video/DVD

I own several AR15 rifles and want to learn how to do things like swap barrels, change flash hiders and stocks and change parts, cleaning and maintenance, tools needed for the job etc...

Can anyone recommend a good DVD or VHS that covers all these topics? I would prefer a DVD or VHS over printed material.

Thanks in Advance

Re: Recommendations for AR15 gunsmith video/DVD

Sorry no dvd to rec. but would suggest USGI field manual for M16 series. I've built 2 rifles using all DPMS parts(including lower receivers) with the manual only. Tells torque specs for barrel and everything you want to know.

Comment

Both AGI's AR-15 Armorer's Course & Building an AR From a Parts Kit are great videos. I have them both & they have helped me in building my first AR. Just got the barrel left to buy & put on.

Robert Dunlap hosts them both & is very knowledgeable.

Just my $.02

J

Comment

There is some pretty decent stuff on youtube and downloadable from Brownells. You really pick up good bits and pieces from several websites. I never did a complete compendium of AR gunsmithing at Savvsurvivor.com, but I might when the court order expires.

Nowdays, most companies selling uppers sell them already assembled, so that helps, and different gunsmiths come up with different ways of solving problems, like those bugger little roll pins that hold the gas tube in front.

The other thing is gunsmithing tools. Some newer tools have come out over the years that make some aspects easier, and some stuff in the military manuals is just plain wrong and retarded. Had a military armorer working for me a little while at the gun shows and his "work" assembling ARs for me had to be redone half the time. It became obvious after his second big screwup that his experience was mainly in checking specs on existing rifles and maybe replacing parts, but he did not know any of what home gunsmiths consider to be common sense shortcuts.
        Life, Liberty and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Comment

Working...
        X