PTR MP5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTR MP5

So last week their website had a countdown to a new product. At the shot show they introduced their new MP5 pistol version (1,899). Probably because Zenith had taken over the market with their modular product.

The zenith is less expensive (1,650) and comes in many platforms rifle, carbine and pistol. Now that there is competition, I expect both firearms to lower in price. I was never a fan of the HK MP5 style because only douchebags carried them. I tried an 89 but didn't like the ergonomics and economics.

I'm thinking of getting a carbine, not the pistol they are showcasing. I think they are just too heavy and bulky for what they have available right now.
    Call me John, just an old man with opinions.

Re: PTR MP5

Price wise, it will probably flush out about the same as Zenith. MSRP is rarely accurate. I'd rather buy American than buy from the Turks.

That said, I'd prefer a CMMG Guard, since it takes Glock mags and is a more modern system.

Comment

I don't see a whole lot of sales until street price gets to $1200-$1300 ballpark.

They can build a full size HK91 copy for under a grand but can't do the same for an MP5 clone? Really? They're going to try and milk that cash cow I guess.
      [I]Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command[/I]

American by birth, made from German parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg

An unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Walther View Post
        I don't see a whole lot of sales until street price gets to $1200-$1300 ballpark.

They can build a full size HK91 copy for under a grand but can't do the same for an MP5 clone? Really? They're going to try and milk that cash cow I guess.
        It's the same price as the ones made in Turkey.

It does seem high, but that is no guarantee that it won't sell. Certainly for the price though there are many non H&K style 9mm carbines I'd look at first (CMMG, Vector Kriss, etc...).

Comment

Working...
        X