Can Anyone Identify This SMG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Anyone Identify This SMG?

Is the weapon held by the trooper on the right an MP41? or something else? The pic was taken at the scene of the Warsaw Ghetto rebellion. The officer is
    SS-Gruppenführer Jürgen Stroop. later convicted during the Dauchau Trials and hanged in Poland, but not until 1952.

RR
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. - Benjamin Franklin

I have but one person on my ignore list. Can you guess who it is?

Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

the closest thing I can find is the Erma EMP. But the vents in the shroud aren't right. The one in the pic look like round holes but the EMP have oval holes. But the rear sight lines up.
      Further investigation leads me to believe that its a Lanchester MK1. The rear sight, mag release, barrel shroud holes, blunt end all line up, even has the same number of vent holes in the shroud.

Tell me if you can see the picture.

BISHOP
      Last edited by BISHOP; January 18th, 2020, 11:58.
      The rusty wire, that holds the cork, that keeps the anger in, gives way...

Comment

I erred. I questioned the one you addressed, and put up a pic of the one the guy second from the right was carrying. To complicate things, the guy appearing directly over the fender 'seems' to be carrying something with a drum. Probably just the angle, but it appears that way.

RR

Comment

Its looking to be a Soumi KP 31. The drum, the rear of the receiver with the stock line at the rear. What looks like a cap on the end, I think is a ribbon metal on his uniform. What looks like the stock I think is his pistol holster.
          The ejection port is clearly seen but when compared to the Soumi, his has an angle to it that the Soumi doesn't have.

Same angle.

The rusty wire, that holds the cork, that keeps the anger in, gives way...

Comment

Good eyes. You may very well be correct. I couldn't tell even with magnification. If true, though, that is at least 3 different subguns amongst 4 armed troops.I knew the Germans used a lot of foreign artillery, etc but didn't realize they were so loose with their small arms that early in the war, i.e. before the desperation measures we saw in "45.

RR

Comment

Could be a Steyr Solothurn,a Beretta or an MP18 variant...
              Gregory Peter DuPont

Comment

Working...
              X