Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Semi auto Thompson "Tommy gun" Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BISHOP
    replied
    Every year with my FAT fed return check I buy a gun. I have so for a while. Lately it has been a 1000-1800 purchase.
    For the past 3 years I have thought of a semi Thompson.
    I want the whole package so an M1 is out! I want a 1928 Deluxe and Kahr Arms crap is not an option. West Hurley all the way.
    I have already found tommygunner to do the modifications needed to make it better. This semi is going to cost me almost $2500.
    Semi Tommy gun is going to be a cool $1300 roughly.
    Then I need a full auto lower with detachable stock mechanics, this will be close to $500. Stock, if not included (usually isn't) are close to $120. Everything is sold separately.

Tommy gunner can mate the lower to the upper, make it semi auto, make the selector lever a bolt-hold-option lever and make the mag release fit military mags.
    Then make it so a tool isn't necessary for disassembly like the SMG.
    All that is a pretty penny.
    If I wanted to go further, I could have it all modified for a QD barrel and have a 10" blank firing barrel included for display or reenactment... But I don't need that......

And all I wanted this year was a POF SP89 clone with longer receiver for $1100, but these are not available at this time and the new PSA versions won't be available until next year AND they probably wont be what I'm looking for in a reverse stretch mp5K anyway....

I even thought of getting the newly designed green Tavor in 223 until I watched reviews and the accuracy was CRAP at 100yds with everybody experiencing fliers with as little as 10shots.

Such is my life.

BISHOP

Leave a comment:

• Led
    replied
    OK........I had it wrong. The 1928 has the G.I. forearm??

http://www.machinegunboards.com/foru...showtopic=2706

Leave a comment:

• Led
    replied
    I THINK.......the A1 has the regular forearm wood, like the WWII ones........and the deluxe has the wood pistol grip on the front?? I had an Auto Ordnance semi auto once. HEAVY BEAST for a pistol round rifle. Full auto is the only way to go, with those!!! The semi's DO rate high in the "cool looks" department though.

Leave a comment:

• BISHOP
    started a topic Semi auto Thompson "Tommy gun" Question.

Semi auto Thompson "Tommy gun" Question.

Who here has knowledge about the original West Hurley Thompsons.

I want to know the differences between the 1927 A1 and the 1928 Delux, if there is such a comparison, one may be only a SMG and one a semi auto.
    Did they make a 1928 Delux in semi auto?

BISHOP
Working...
X