Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Semi auto Thompson "Tommy gun" Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi auto Thompson "Tommy gun" Question.

Who here has knowledge about the original West Hurley Thompsons.

I want to know the differences between the 1927 A1 and the 1928 Delux, if there is such a comparison, one may be only a SMG and one a semi auto.
    Did they make a 1928 Delux in semi auto?

BISHOP
    The rusty wire, that holds the cork, that keeps the anger in, gives way...

I THINK.......the A1 has the regular forearm wood, like the WWII ones........and the deluxe has the wood pistol grip on the front?? I had an Auto Ordnance semi auto once. HEAVY BEAST for a pistol round rifle. Full auto is the only way to go, with those!!! The semi's DO rate high in the "cool looks" department though.
    And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. Chap.20 Vs.4)

Comment

OK........I had it wrong. The 1928 has the G.I. forearm??

http://www.machinegunboards.com/foru...showtopic=2706
      And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. Chap.20 Vs.4)

Comment

Every year with my FAT fed return check I buy a gun. I have so for a while. Lately it has been a 1000-1800 purchase.
        For the past 3 years I have thought of a semi Thompson.
        I want the whole package so an M1 is out! I want a 1928 Deluxe and Kahr Arms crap is not an option. West Hurley all the way.
        I have already found tommygunner to do the modifications needed to make it better. This semi is going to cost me almost $2500.
        Semi Tommy gun is going to be a cool $1300 roughly.
        Then I need a full auto lower with detachable stock mechanics, this will be close to $500. Stock, if not included (usually isn't) are close to $120. Everything is sold separately.

Tommy gunner can mate the lower to the upper, make it semi auto, make the selector lever a bolt-hold-option lever and make the mag release fit military mags.
        Then make it so a tool isn't necessary for disassembly like the SMG.
        All that is a pretty penny.
        If I wanted to go further, I could have it all modified for a QD barrel and have a 10" blank firing barrel included for display or reenactment... But I don't need that......

And all I wanted this year was a POF SP89 clone with longer receiver for $1100, but these are not available at this time and the new PSA versions won't be available until next year AND they probably wont be what I'm looking for in a reverse stretch mp5K anyway....

I even thought of getting the newly designed green Tavor in 223 until I watched reviews and the accuracy was CRAP at 100yds with everybody experiencing fliers with as little as 10shots.

Such is my life.

BISHOP
        The rusty wire, that holds the cork, that keeps the anger in, gives way...

Comment

Working...
        X