Bavarian marked M1 Carbines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bavarian marked M1 Carbines

Anyone seen the Bavarian marked Carbines that the CMP website is teasing us with?

http://www.thecmp.org/m1carbine.htm

How much do you guess they will charge for them?

Re: Bavarian marked M1 Carbines

I have not seen any of the CMP Bavarian Carbines yet, but I have seen a few imports over the years. Austrian and Bavarian, both.

To me, the stamping makes them less desirable than a plain old USGI equivalent. I could be wrong...there's always 'that guy' that has to have one of every version of something that was ever made. And CMP binge-buyers will pay whateverthehell dollar amount the CMP asks...regardless of value.

The Bavarian and Austrian carbines are not really rare, just kind of hard to find unless you know the right sources. The Bavarian ones also often underwent having a fixed rear sight silver-soldered in place. Not exactly a step in either the collectible or shooter's direction IMHO. Many of the Intrac imported batch of Carbines have had the European rear sights un-soldered and USGI flip or adjustable rear sight re-installed.

If they can sell them for $350 or maybe even $375 I might spring for a Game Warden or Border Police version, but they're not really high on my 'must have' list. I'll bet they are in much better condition than the Korean Blue Sky imports.
    Last edited by CAMPYBOB; June 25, 2009, 16:00.

Comment

Well, the CMP must think them to be 'valuable'. Which I think...weird!...considering they haven't come close to selling out of the USGI carbines.

It looks like many are going to be auctioned and availability is catagorized by which Bavarian service branch markings they carry.

Dang! Border cop catagory is auction only, but at least the Game Warden service models will get a price tag.

Comment

Looks kind of high $$ unless you just gotta have 'em all. I have more M-1 carbine's than AR-15's , Garand's or Mauser's. I have to pass for now and wait to hear about how many you ordered and why I should, also What did you call it...binge buying??
        God,grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,courage to change the things I can,and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

I have to pass for now and wait to hear about how many you ordered and why I should, also What did you call it...binge buying??

The National Matches start soon, so I'll be heading to Camp Perry shortly to do some browsing.

I only binge-buy that Winchester stuff!!! Heheh! Everything else I wait for the prices to drop...like those $150 Kimber 82G's and $75 Remington 513T's.

On the CMP forum, it sounds like a couple of the Bavarian Carbines accidentally got mixed in with the Italian/Greek batches and were already sold at Camp Perry for Service Grade/Manufacturer Brand pricing.

A deal? Or Not? I guess the guys that bought them were happy enough to plunk down the cash!!!

Comment

Absolutely. Once the beauty is in the eye of the beholder, cash is no object.
            God,grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,courage to change the things I can,and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

The CMP has released prices for the Bavarian Carbines: $575 to $725.
              Deal or No Deal?

Comment

The correct USGI flip sight adds at least $100 to the value of an equivalent carbine that has the upgraded windage/elevation adjustable sight to collectors. More money if the sight is correct to the manufacturer.

So...the prices are in line with the earlier carbine offerings in my opinion.

I actually prefer the functionality of the 'improved' sight over the collectibility of the flip sight.

Comment

CMP began accepting orders for the Bavarian M1's today. Anyone order one?
                  I really wanted to but I am too broke.

Comment

I'm also suffering thru the recession/depression. I'll only be buying really good deals in the near future and I don't rate the Bavarian carbine deal as anything special.

Comment

Working...
                    X