Got a weird new build issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a weird new build issue

Just got done with my second SPR build and everything went fine till the last second. Everything is done and tight, headspace is a go, but for some reason, the bolt wont open when the upper is attached to the lower. When I say it wont open, I mean not a bit. It as if the carrier is hitting the edge of the buffer tube and not centered. Colt Hbar sporter lower, New Colt upper, Bravo Co bolt carrier assembly Geissle charger handle. Am I overlooking something?
    The peace symbol is the swastika of the new millennium.<br /><br /><br />

" The amazing thing about a hula-hooping bear is not that it hula-hoops so well, but that it hula-hoops at all." - jefferson101-

Separate the upper and lower, then take the bolt and place it on the buffer and manually press down. See if it will retract into the buffer tube. It could be that either the bolt assembly is out of spec or the butter tube is. Just a thought.
    "SI *VIS *PACEM, *PARA *BELLUM"
    [URL]http://survivalblog.com[/URL]
    MOLON LABE!
    AC0XV

Comment

Ok, tried that and it goes fine, but I think Ive figured out whats going on. I tried my Aero upper on it and it wont go back with it either, but using a Colt commercial carrier in it that has only half the rear of the m16 bolt, it works fine. Im 90% sure its hitting the buffer retaining pin. Should I take a file to the pin, or is it a more serious problem?
      The peace symbol is the swastika of the new millennium.<br /><br /><br />

" The amazing thing about a hula-hooping bear is not that it hula-hoops so well, but that it hula-hoops at all." - jefferson101-

Comment

Did you try using the Aero upper with the Colt Commercial carrier? If that works, then there might be a geometry issue in the buffer tube it's self. As to filing the buffer retaining pin down, I think I would get a Mil-Spec one from Brownell's or the like and try that first.
        "SI *VIS *PACEM, *PARA *BELLUM"
        [URL]http://survivalblog.com[/URL]
        MOLON LABE!
        AC0XV

Comment

Is the buffer tube all the way in? I've seen that cause this problem.

Comment

Working...
          X