Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vulcan
    replied
    Seems like everyone and their dog has deals on these PDW stocks!

Leave a comment:

• Vulcan
    replied
    I am doing well. Retired and working again. Okinawa is treating me well but I miss home. Then I hate being at home when I get back. It is hard to beat customer service in Korea and Okinawa. It is nice being treated good now and then. I had back surgery two weeks ago today. Feeling much better. I can walk again, pain free! Now time to get back in shape and get back to cycling and diving!

Leave a comment:

• gripper
    replied
    How Ya'been, Vulcan?? Check in more often,dammit!

Leave a comment:

• Vulcan
    replied
    These bubbas are offering free shipping and another 10 percent off in cart. Deal seems okay. They also have different colors. Wanted OD green but they are sold out.

https://bkingsfirearms.com/shop/stoc...s-buffer-tube/

Leave a comment:

• Vulcan
    replied
    I just bought a couple of the PDW braces. I think they will be nice on my DOE 9mms. I bought a DOE upper and another barrel and HG assembly recently. Found a Colt 9mm upper receiver while I was home in November.

Leave a comment:

• Vulcan
    replied
    RR,

Yeah, I have been lazy. Got into diving here. I have three years left and am going to make the best of it. I think I will get back to KY and start growing hemp on the farm as I used to joke I'd do (retire and grow pot for a living). Had a FTA attitude for a while as I was not done but the Army was done with me and had some readjusting to do after 28 years. All good now. My oldest son is a chip off the old block. Other than he is into performance Hyundai stuff (I guess he gets that from his Mom) versus my Pontiacs, he is into guns. We had a pretty good time catching up in November.

Leave a comment:

• Reasonable Rascal
    replied
    So, what, there's no internet in Okinawa? Ya know, if you'd write once in awhile your buddies would be happy to babysit your new toys while you are on 'leave.' Which would make the local dealers happy, which means they'd give you better service, etc. Win-win.

RR

Leave a comment:

• BISHOP
    replied
    Build your own Glocks. The Polymer 80 frames.
    The B&T pistols.

BISHOP

Leave a comment:

• Vulcan
    started a topic What is the latest trend?

What is the latest trend?

I have been out for a while. Currently living in Japan (Okinawa) with a fridge full of Coronas (too soon)? I moved overseas in 2012 and have been gone ever since minus six months taking a knee in KY right after I retired from the Army in 17. I retired in Hawaii but Hawaii is overseas as far as I am concerned. Lots of angry people stuffed in a small place. Anyway, I buy guns and they pile up at my dealer and be b!tches about them taking up too much room in in shop for two years. My latest buys were 9mm Glock fed ARs, some .308 ARs, a few AKs, Zenith Arms HK 9mm thing, Sig Swiss made 5.56mm pistol with a brace and Trijicon something on it, the swoopy 14" shotguns that at one time were AOW only, binary triggers, a DOE upper, and just misc stuff. It is like a giant Christmas when I go back home for a visit. The PDW was all the rage several years ago so I am looking at buying some of the PDW braces and pulling that on a Glock 9mm lower for my DOE upper, possibly a few 5.56 pistols in the same configuration and binary triggers. My last purchase was a raw aluminum upper and lower set. I am thinking of polishing that up, slap in a nickel/chrome/silver whatever carrier, stainless barrel and make a hideous pimp gun of some sort to annoy people with. I think that I am generally bored with stuff now and I cringe when I hear the term "build" (applies to Jeeps and AR15s) as it generally means I am buying a bunch of snap together crap, put in on a $39 Anderson lower (nothing wrong with them mind you) then claim to be a gunsmith and profess to being a veteran with PTSD but did not get a DD214 because SF does not get one of those.

So, what is the current rage?

If you are in Okinawa, look me up. I can take you to some great dive sites. Will be headed back to KY one of these years. My pond holds water and needs fish, maybe a cabin.
Working...
X