Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIGM400 Tread

https://www.sigsauer.com/products/fi.../rifles/tread/

This is being recommended by a 'guru' otherwise best known for his health advice (which is very dubious at best).

Best rifle for first-time rifle buyers: Sig M400 Tread. Donít even think about it. Just buy it. There is no debate about a starter rifle.
    Thoughts appreciated. I am looking for valid opinions, not validation. I do not own one and am not in the market for one. Just curioous as to what others here have to say.

RR
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. - Benjamin Franklin

I have but one person on my ignore list. Can you guess who it is?

I always recommend a Colt LE6920 for first time buyers, as it's a serious weapon at a reasonable cost. The SIG looks fine, but has a lot of unusual parts. Nothing wrong with those parts, but better to start with a basic model. You can swap out handguards later if you want. Or you could get the Colt M4 Magpul series, which have better handguards IMO (you can swap it if you don't like it, but the Magpul handguard is nice). These models of Colt come with chrome lined barrels (longer lasting) and a forged front sight post and detachable rear sight. The Sig, you linked has no front sight post and does not come with a detachable rear sight. You can buy detachable sights of course, but you won't be able to add a forged front sight. Having a front sight also allows the use of a traditional carry handle, if you want one. The carry handle isn't great, but I like it more than a flip sight. Something to consider.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...+mps+556+16+30
    Last edited by Southern Shark; May 19th, 2019, 20:00.

Comment

As stated I think his mainstream advice is dubious at best. Sounds like he knows even less about firearms. He started off as a Y2K guru, and moved on when that fizzled. He didn't improve himself any it seems.

RR
      Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. - Benjamin Franklin

I have but one person on my ignore list. Can you guess who it is?

Comment

Originally posted by Reasonable Rascal View Post
        As stated I think his mainstream advice is dubious at best. Sounds like he knows even less about firearms. He started off as a Y2K guru, and moved on when that fizzled. He didn't improve himself any it seems.

RR
        To me that Sig just looks a little too, "cool guy at the range". It's built for using optics, and the stainless barrel will be more accurate (usually). But you sacrifice some combat options for those "benefits". I'm sure its a fine gun, and if you like it then buy it. But if you are looking for an AR for the Zombie Apocalypse or Mad Max, then I'd go for the Colt. It has better iron sight options and more forged/chrome lined parts, meaning that it's a little tougher.

Comment

Working...
        X