Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kel-Tec RDB-S, Ultimate bugout gun?

https://www.keltecweapons.com/rifles/rdb-s/

It's priced crazy right now (although I expect prices to go down a lot), but this rifle seems like a neat package. It lacks the pistol grip found on the other RDB rifles, but that only makes it more compact, lighter weight, and easier to store. It's likely made for states like California that ban anything with a PG, but it offers a pretty neat package. The only thing I don't like is the light weight barrel. I'd rather it weigh a 1/2 pound more and have a heavier barrel, but otherwise it is pretty neat.

What do you think?

Looks awkward, but I think it would be a good backpack rifle.
    Put a micro red dot on it (low profile if it can be used that low).

BISHOP
    The rusty wire, that holds the cork, that keeps the anger in, gives way...

Comment

I'd have to have one in my hands before I could pass judgement on that firing hand position. At first glance I'm left wondering where my right thumb goes. I'd probably want a closer look at the RDB17 version with the pistol grip, but toss that front angled grip.

Thinking about going through mag changes and other manipulations, I think I would prefer having the pistol grip to give me something more secure to hold on to.

But I admit to being attracted to bullpups.

Freedom Of Speech does not include freedom from consequences.

When riding a horse, remember that you are not in control, but are just another voting member.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief351 View Post
        I'd have to have one in my hands before I could pass judgement on that firing hand position. At first glance I'm left wondering where my right thumb goes. I'd probably want a closer look at the RDB17 version with the pistol grip, but toss that front angled grip.

Thinking about going through mag changes and other manipulations, I think I would prefer having the pistol grip to give me something more secure to hold on to.

But I admit to being attracted to bullpups.

Ya it's hard to say. I prefer a shotgun without a PG and when I had an M1A, I could operate it fine without a PG. So I dunno... Definitely would want to try before I buy.

Comment

its been available for a few years now, why still so pricey??
          [B][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by LYCAN View Post
            its been available for a few years now, why still so pricey??
            I dunno, although I think this is a newer model. The RBD-17 is similar, but has a pistol grip. Then there is the RBD-C which has no pistol grip or fixed front sight, is longer and a few pounds heavier. The RBD-C has been out awhile. It's more of a scout rifle with a longer heavier barrel and no fixed sights. The lightweight short profile model (RBD-S) is newer I believe.

Comment

You can get one for just under $1000. on gunbroker... But something like this should be in the $300-$500 price range max.
              Have you seen one broken down? its very simple.

BISHOP
              The rusty wire, that holds the cork, that keeps the anger in, gives way...

Comment

Originally posted by BISHOP View Post
                You can get one for just under $1000. on gunbroker... But something like this should be in the $300-$500 price range max.
                Have you seen one broken down? its very simple.

BISHOP
                i agree 100%

Kel-Tec is oddly managed
                [B][/B]

Comment

Nice! I like it. Again, concern on these is how long will they make one? How do I get spare parts in 20 years? Kel Tec makes great stuff but the market for $1,000 guns when you can get a $500 AR, is limited. Would I buy one? I would. But, I'd have my beater AR in the backpack that my wife is carrying for me because my L4 and L5 is smoked.

Remember the Bushmaster bullpups? M17 I think it was and the old ARM? How are they working out?
                  There is no I' n team!
                  [URL="http://www.cjcs-supply.net"]www.cjcs-supply.net[/URL]
                  There are three types of people in the world: 1. Those that can count. 4. Those that can't.
                  So, am I your man Mr. Dumbass? The name, is Dumaas!

Comment

Working...
                  X