Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Shark
    replied
    Still got my SAR -2 and SAR-3 from 99. Cool guns and still awesome to shoot.

Leave a comment:

• krinkov
    replied
    It has a thread under the barrel nut.I have not had a Romy in years.A few weeks back a buddy i knew from Chicago calls me and says while going through home stuff boxes and stuff in storage he moved to Sho Low. And in the basement of the house he finds a busted zipper gun case and in it is this. with a mag and sling. long forgotten about purchase.1997 Import Numbers all matched.so i ask well whats the deal i will buy it. he says how about $800 bucks and four 60 round AK-74 magazines that i have. worth $200 bucks..

I say why not.done deal...47 is new. and it will get shot. no canted sites or barrel all numbers carrier, rec.top cover,bolt, rear site, match and tight no rattle they won't hear you coming. and so is stock folded or un folded.am 100% happy with it. i have my Bulgy 7.62 Krink. so this will partner up with it. Some complain about price. Not me its now over thirty year old history..
    I am sure many in Europe and Aussieland wish they had it now among others..Krink.

Leave a comment:

• gripper
    replied
    Originally posted by krinkov View Post
    Waiting for the Civil War or Zombie Apocalypse to start so i can use it. 2180.jpg
    Dongs Out For Harambe!!
    Nice rifle,Krink! You going to get the barrel threaded?

Leave a comment:

• LYCAN
    replied
    Dang homey...I miss my ROMY'

Leave a comment:

• krinkov
    replied
    Waiting for the Civil War or Zombie Apocalypse to start so i can use it. 2180.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Tread Head
    replied
    Re: Intrac AK74( Romanian,1997)???

love my Romanian CUGIR 74. Got it back in the late 90's when they first came in. Super shooter. Wish I had bought 2 of them. I have a SAR 3 in 223 that's just as good of a shooter as well. Another CUGIR rifle.......

TH

Leave a comment:

• krinkov
    replied

Well today no Saiga's Molots, or Veprs they stuck it to us again with another ban b.s. thing. Never saw that many ad's dropped off g.b. in 24 hours.

Krink

Leave a comment:

• gripper
    replied

The guy opted for keeping the Intrac BTW.... I have reconstituted some of of my Ghetto Arms Locker,replacing some things and hanging onto a few no one important knew I had when my case was hot. Eventually,I will run across a private score when I am not running on fumes financially. In the meantime,I just do what I do.
    Krink,let us know what the 74 prefers-7N6 surplus,Golden Tiger or Silver Bear.

Leave a comment:

• Bigfoot
    replied

The way I understand 922r, its only applicable when it is assembled. IE: You are building it from a kit. Of course I may be wrong.

Leave a comment:

• noname762
    replied

Originally posted by paintballmagnet View Post
    I've been to several major gun shows shows that had ATFe agents roaming the aisles, seen numerous firearms that were obviously non 922 compliant yet not one thing was said or done. I'd not volunteer to be the test case but I have yet to hear of even one person busted for non-compliance. They may be waiting to start but so far..... Its got so when it comes to having a reliable weapon vs crap compliance parts, most I know ignore the rules. Try finding FAL HTS sets that won't eventually begin doubling, I've yet to see any identifiable US made sets that held up to hard use. For instance, a certain well known FAL manufacturer was once upon a time selling parts that looked IDENTICAL to Austrian Steyr fire control parts, they included a printed sheet stating the parts were US made. I never believed it.
    I don't know what this non 922 compliant is. I also know if I thought there were F Troop pukes there I am gonezo. Me thinks this is my 1st crack at the AK realm here. Got a couple questions.

a) Would a Century Arms AK have 922 issues?

b) If the answer is affirmative what are the ramifications down the road freedom wise?

Gonna head for Gen. Dis. now. Mornin' fellas.

Leave a comment:

• Tread Head
    replied

The early guns, specifically the CUR and WUM guns are probably the best bet on these. :Later guns I have seen are a mess. The finish on all of then is poor but durable. I prefer guns that are made in the Cugir plant as they are the producer of the military guns.. I have a CUR I and a CUR 2. They are both great guns. Got burned once on a later gun. Won't do that again. Had a cut receiver end. Bad on me for not paying attention.

TH

Leave a comment:

• paintballmagnet
    replied

Originally posted by DaveBob View Post
    Speaking of 922R, has anyone actually be charged/convicted of "violating" the rules? Buying a used one that has been altered I presume might put you in a situation where you could be charged.
    I've been to several major gun shows, shows that had ATFe agents roaming the aisles, seen numerous firearms that were obviously non 922 compliant yet not one thing was said or done. I'd not volunteer to be the test case but I have yet to hear of even one person busted for non-compliance. They may be waiting to start but so far..... Its got so when it comes to having a reliable weapon vs crap compliance parts, most I know ignore the rules. Try finding FAL HTS sets that won't eventually begin doubling, I've yet to see any identifiable US made sets that held up to hard use. For instance, a certain well known FAL manufacturer was once upon a time selling parts that looked IDENTICAL to Austrian Steyr fire control parts, they included a printed sheet stating the parts were US made. I never believed it.

Leave a comment:

• Bigfoot
    replied

Originally posted by DaveBob View Post
    Speaking of 922R, has anyone actually be charged/convicted of "violating" the rules? Buying a used one that has been altered I presume might put you in a situation where you could be charged.
    I have never heard of a conviction, You would think if it had been used in a conviction it would be all over the liberal news networks. Here is a 2009 letter from BATF that may help answer your question. http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261731
    Of course it may have been superseded since then.

Leave a comment:

• DaveBob
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gripper
    replied

Thanks PBM. I am working in Massachusetts a few days. When I get some breathing space,I will see if it is still available.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X