Identifying Saints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying Saints

Could someone help be to find out who is the patron saint of soldiers? I have a nephew who is a combat medic in Iraq, and would like to send him amedal. He's had some tough times. I would like to get the medal ,ask a priest to bless it and send it to him. I'm sure that someone here can answer my question. Thank you in advance. Doug

Soldiers George, Martin of Tours, Maurice, Sebastian
    Also,
    Soldiers, American Joan of Arc
    According to
    http://www.catholic.org/saints/patron.php?letter=S

Comment

There are many saints of offer partronage to soldiers. Two of which are Michael the Archangel, and Stanislaus of Cracow. A medal for St. Michael shouldn't be hard to find, St. Stanislaus might be a bit more time consuming.

Pax Christi
      Rev. Joel+
      Pax Christ.. <br />Rev. Joel<br />++++++++++++<br />We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; for he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be he ne\'er so vile, this day shall gentle his condition: and gentlemen in England now a-bed shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin\'s day.

Comment

Personally, were I Catholic, or Episcopalian, or whatever, that made an issue out of "Saints", I'd have to select St. Dismas as my patron.

But since I'm a Baptist, and a Missionary Baptist at that, (The Southern Baptists are Liberals!) I have to conclude that Our Lord will select his "Saints" as he will choose them, and that none of us have any notable input into the process.

BTW, I'll note that you can look up why Dismas is a Saint, and see that at least he has some Divine backing, assuming I'm reading the Book right.

Most of the rest of them? I don't see Him saying they'll be anywhere with Him... But YMMV. Just read I Corinthians 15, Verses 1 through 4.

That's all it takes. We'll discuss Saints from now to the end of time, but Paul made it clear there, now didn't he?
        Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

One of the greatest things about the AW family is that we can be different. I recognized many years ago that as long as I know that my Savior died for me personally and in His doing so washed me clean from my sins, and that I can call on Him and The Father through Jesus, in the power of the Holy Spirit, then 99% of everything else is Liturgics (Worship form) and our salvation does not hang upon Liturgics.
          Pax Christ.. <br />Rev. Joel<br />++++++++++++<br />We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; for he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be he ne\'er so vile, this day shall gentle his condition: and gentlemen in England now a-bed shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin\'s day.

Comment

In large things, unity.
            In small things, charity.
            In all things, Christ.
            "I was talking to the man upstairs, saying 'God, please keep us safe,' and putting some rounds downrange...." --Staff Sgt. Bruce Jones

[URL="http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php"][B]WWW.CALGUNS.NET[/B][/URL]

Comment

Amen and amen! As a liturgical Priest in the Anglo Catholic faith, I draw a closeness, if you will, from the Celebration of the Eucharist. In his seminal work, "The Eucharist", Alexander Schuayman (sp), says that in the Communion service, God brings a bit of Heaven to the earth, while we rise a bit from the earth to a glimpse of His Heavenly splendor. At the same time I can enjoy the service of my more fundamental brethren, even Missionary Baptist! My lovely bride of 37 years, grandmother was a MB., while my uncle and mentor is a Free Will Baptist of 65 years experience. He started Preaching when he was 18 and still can stir my spirit with his sermons, while he has told me that he feels especially close to God when I celebrate the Communion. I have been and continue to be surrounded by men of the Word that have molded and made the Priest and Pastor I am today. I consider the folks of this board to be just some of those people.

Comment

God bless you to all you saints in Christ's name. You are an encouragement in times of storm when the winds of evil beat upon my window panes. I am glad I can come here to find saints proclaiming the Word.

Comment

Working...
                X