K of C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K of C

I just wanted to let everyone know that today is the day that I was inducted into the Knights of Columbus. I'm looking forward to furthering myself in the Knighthood. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm not Catholic myself, but a whole lot of my old running buddies are. I spent about 15 years seemingly surrounded by Irish Catholics out of preference.

And they were mostly all K of C members. So I've been to just about every function the local Knights put on, barring the "members only" stuff. And they are a good, community based service organization. I've seen them work, and they do a lot of good in the community, IMO.

Good on you!

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Congrats!
      Many of my in-laws belong to the KoC in San Diego, CA.
      "I was talking to the man upstairs, saying 'God, please keep us safe,' and putting some rounds downrange...." --Staff Sgt. Bruce Jones

[URL="http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php"][B]WWW.CALGUNS.NET[/B][/URL]

Comment

Tell me about your induction ceremony. I am curious?

Tread

Comment

I was inducted last December. Took me long enough, considering my much younger brother has been a member for years and even works for them selling insurance.

RR
          Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. - Benjamin Franklin

I have but one person on my ignore list. Can you guess who it is?

Comment

Sorry Tread, it's secret all I can tell you is that I'm a First Degree Knight.

Comment

Really sounds of Masonry only under another name? No Flame intended, an observation.

Tread

Comment

Originally posted by Tread Head:
                Really sounds of Masonry only under another name? No Flame intended, an observation.

Tread
                You nailed it. Catholics are not allowed to be Masons. (According to the Catholic Church, not the Masons, BTW.) So they organized their own civic and service organization under the auspices of their Church.

So that's pretty much exactly what it is.

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Masonry, Scottish Rite, Knights of Columbus, Illuminati all the same?

Tread

Comment

Masonry, Scottish Rite, Knights of Columbus, Illuminati all the same?

Tread
                    The first three, yes. The fourth? I don't know who they are, except a bogeyman that keeps getting waved around.

Did you leave the Templars and the Knights of Malta out by oversight, or purposely? And if we're picking them all out, let us not forget the Rosicrucians.

Comment

No. Just forgot to post them. The last one is real. Adam Weishapt (spl) was their quasi founder.

You read Gary Kahs book?

Tread

Comment

No. Just forgot to post them. The last one is real. Adam Weishapt (spl) was their quasi founder.

You read Gary Kahs book?

Tread
                        The ones I listed are all real, Bro.

In fact, there is a legitimately organized Order of Dagon out there somewhere. (Based on Lovecraft's stories, BTW.)

And for that matter, the Church of Monday Night Football was really organized at one point, back in the '70's. But those are mostly quasi-religious organizations, which I will contend that the Masons and the K of C are not. They are supplimental, not primary.

Just because those organizations exist does not give them any notable power or influence, unless they gain it by being a decent force in their community and people choose to grant them some deference because of that.

Are the Lions' Club, The Elks, or the Optimists' Club sinister forces?

We've got real live Satanists running loose. The Masons or the K of C, or whoever else don't worry me a blessed bit compared to that one. And the Satanists don't worry me notably, because I know just exactly Who's Name will protect me from them, too.

Comment

Originally posted by jefferson101:
                          Are the Lions' Club, The Elks, or the Optimists' Club sinister forces?
                          Of course they are, why do you think we're allowed to hunt them?
                          Elk season, Lion season and so on... coincidence? I think not.

Frankly the idea of any orginization that feels it hs to have 'secret ceremonies' and 'hidden rites' or whatever else you choose to hide from therest of the world bothers me and makes me suspicious.

They're probably all great people but when you feel the need to hide in the darkness it makes your light seem questionable.

Of course this is just my opinion, that and $20 willget you a cup of coffee nowadays...

And watch out for those Elks, they have antlers for a reason you know....
                          "I was talking to the man upstairs, saying 'God, please keep us safe,' and putting some rounds downrange...." --Staff Sgt. Bruce Jones

[URL="http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php"][B]WWW.CALGUNS.NET[/B][/URL]

Comment

In my experience the masons are more about doing services for and furthering the careers and community ties of other masons. The knights are almost exclusively dedicated to their church and community, much less of a "good ol' boy" agenda.

Comment

Also have the Knights of Pythias, and my favorite, The Tall Cedars of Lebanon!
                              Pax Christ.. <br />Rev. Joel<br />++++++++++++<br />We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; for he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be he ne\'er so vile, this day shall gentle his condition: and gentlemen in England now a-bed shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin\'s day.

Comment

Working...
                              X