No announcement yet.

What has God done for you???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in the early 90s some friends, single guys, and myself had a Bible study going. One evening we got to talking about girls, marriage and such. We all laughed about how we couldn't find young women that seemed interested in us. I finally said something like, " Well...if the Lord wants me to have someone he should send me a sign. Like Issac at the well or something." Well we all agreed the chances of having some lass offer to water our camels for us was pretty slim, so I said," Maybe she could just walk up to me and bend down and tie my shoe, out of the blue like."

Several years later while driving home from another Bible study I stopped at a stop sign. There were no cars around so I sat there thinking for a couple of minutes about how my life was going. I came to a conclusion. I was ready to get married, I mean really ready. So I said a quick prayer, "Lord...If you know of somebody...send her my way."

I didn't think much about it after that but a week later a friend from work talked me into asking out a lady who worked in the office with us. So I invited her out to lunch. On the way out the door of our workplace she said,"Your shoes untied." At the time I was wearing a pair of hiking boots and one string, a re[lacement string, was longer than the other and so it kinda looked like it was untied but wasn't. I told her thanks and we went to lunch.

About an hour after lunch I was driving down the road and locked my brakes up. Right ther in the middle of this dirt road. I thought, "What did she say? Oh my gosh...but my shoe wasn't untied...did that count? I don't think that counted...whew...I gotta get some air...I can't breathe (huh huh huh)...ok, get a grip. It was nothing."

Well a few months later I married that lady. We've been married five years now and I am happy as a clam. Thank the Lord for answered prayer.

By the way, my wife's name...

Rebecca.

Comment

What have you done for God??? Is the real question.

+
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Be the witness He called me to be and in service to Him daily.

Tread

Comment

Thanks for sharing that Spartacus. God does answer prayers if we will but listen.
          Pax Christ.. <br />Rev. Joel<br />++++++++++++<br />We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; for he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be he ne\'er so vile, this day shall gentle his condition: and gentlemen in England now a-bed shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin\'s day.

Comment

Socom 16 inch M1A
            The Lord blesses in mighty ways.

Comment

Originally posted by sct1886:
              A small miracle two weeks ago. I was driving down a road I had taken thru our rail yard a hundred times. I veered left where I always go right only to see a rail truck doing 45mph where the speed is 10. He would hit me without any doubt in my mind. There was no room on either side. The result would have been fatal if you were lucky. A few years back I forgot something and returned home. Later as I approached the Missouri river bridge I saw a car involved in a fatality head on collision with a dump truck. It was the car that was behind me before I turned around. Never think that things happen without design. I can only thank God for his protection, grace and mercy.
              These are the type's of thing's I think of when pondering God's little favor's to me. He saved my dumb butt MANY a time from death and/or disaster.

People tend to think of everything GOOD happening to them as being from God....but what about the bad??

Read the Book of Job....what God giveth, God may also take away again. The question is if you will still remain on God's side yet if He does happen to take everything away from you.....or may you turn to cursing Him for it all instead???
              And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. Chap.20 Vs.4)

Comment

Working...
              X