What has God done for you???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What has God done for you???

Sometimes its a good thing to express some of the good things God has done for you in your life and family. Also its a great way we all can be encouraged through the testimony of them.

So lets see some! What has God done for you???

I'll start.

I am so Thankful to God for my 2 children and my wife. Doctors had repeatedly told us we could not have children. But God is Faithful. He heard our prayers and we have 2 of the most beautiful children. We cherish them so much and never cease to Thank God for the blessings. Joshua is 22 months old and Carolyn is 1 month old. Praise God for His Loving Kindness!

Tread

If I were to list all of the good things God has done for me, some of which can be seen in the archives here, as in answering prayers for the child that strmrdr knows and many others etc and all of the things in my personal life the list would be endless. God has saved my life on numerous occasions. I know that some that read this will believe that it is something that would have happened anyway - ( not Tread Head of course ) you know who you are - I can assure you that it is not the case. I know God, it is indeed possible to know Him through His Christ Jesus in whom we have forgiveness. If you doubt that God is a God that answers prayers search the archives here, there is many cases where God has answered our prayers. You question the validity of that ? Research the defect that strmrdr's friends child had and the sucess rate of that surgery.

Good post Tread Head, it is good for us to realize the blessings of our God, for they are many, even though God may try us with adversity, He will bless us in the end.

As it was with Job, so it is with all of His children:

Job 13:9 Is it good that he should search you out? or as one man mocketh another, do ye [so] mock him?

Hbr 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

but to this end

Ecc 5:20 For he shall not much remember the days of his life; because God answereth [him] in the joy of his heart.

Comment

Besides the obvious, God has given me wisdom...nothing specific, but I just 'know' and understand more things than I should. It's hard to describe, but that's the one of the few things I'm most thankful for besides salvation.
      There have also been a number of 'little miracles' (is there such thing?), but those are not of so much importance.
      I'd also like to add THIS site, it has meant alot to me over the years, and I feel God has bound my heart to my brothers and sisters (in Christ) in America in a special way not of my own doing.
      "Not all of them are terrorists"..."No, not all of them, but most of them are, and all it takes is most of them." -Eric Cartman

Comment

1 Samuel 12:24 Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you.
        Psalms 126:3 The LORD hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad
        Mark 5:19 Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee.

These verses came to my mind when I read the topic, and I had to post. I have had great things done for me this year already and I continually have to praise Him for it. He has been so kind and merciful with the healing of mine infirmity. He brought me thru cancer surgery in January...a surgery that I later found out that my doctor did not think I would even make it thru. Then I was home in just 3 days with no complications of one of the 5 risks that they had listed to me. After that I was told that the cancer that I had was the type that if it had gone thru the organ, it would have went thru my whole body like wild fire. I just sit with my mouth dropped open as I hear this and realize my how the Lord my so love me when I am so unworthy. What a merciful and loving God. And I don't even have to have any treatments for my cancer...a decision I didn't even have to make :}
        The Song that goes thru my mind so much lately is...Isn't the Love of Jesus Something Wonderful...Wonderful He is to me!!
        This has been truly a blessing to me as our church has been going thru some foundation shaking times...times of seeing what is my convictions and what is that of the older generation and so pressed on us that they have not been our own and searching the Lord for ourselves to see if maybe we have gone too far to the right as opposed to the left where we should be in moderation...Times like these, one cleaves to the time of the Lord's love shown and revealed to us in a personal way so that we may continue to go on with Him and the way He would have us walk.
        And I am also thankful for all the wonderful friends here that held me up in prayer...I sensed them all as I was going onto the operating table and was so at peace. Thank you all :}

Comment

Everything good and kind and decent in my life comes from God. His love, His word, through which we can know his will, my family, our health, our friends,the beauty of the world around us-- everything.
          Whenever we had a problem in our life, God has provided a way to deal with it. Notice I didn't say the problem went away, but we were given a way to deal with it. His blessings have been countless.

Comment

No matter how bad things get, right when my Fiance' and I are at the end of our wits(money, house, pets, family etc)...blessing from on high flood down. So God gives me exactly what I need(not want) to live and love. Also He has given my my aforementioned Fiance', whom I would be spiraling lost in this world.

Comment

Truth is I quit looking long time ago.

Comment

God sent me here and to american minuteman and modern minuteman. My son recently had a job interview he had laryngitis and could not talk above a whisper (this was for a retail position) he got the job over several other applicants. God works in strange ways. Sometimes when you are weak, you are strong.

Comment

He gave me life

Comment

In a word "EVERYTHING" without him I am nothing.

Comment

I still get around on my arthritic knees. Got over my cold. Got a washer and dryer now. Have joy of salvation in my heart praise God. Have a wife to think for me so I don't have to. Got God's word and read it. Got ammo and a weapon.
                      I think I have it too good.

Comment

Personally I think that life without God would be to bleak to comprehend. He has given me all that is good and joyous and healthy. He has led me to places where I can speak with and, hopefully, encourage and introduce others to Him. He has caused me to seek out and surround myself with others, not the perfect, but the forgiven, for I too need forgiveness. Through a good woman I have learned what love is and is not. He has taught me to savor the small favor and not run after the greater fame, and He has kept me from those places I ought not to go and things I ought not to do. In all things I give Him honor and glory and praise.
                        Pax Christ.. <br />Rev. Joel<br />++++++++++++<br />We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; for he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be he ne\'er so vile, this day shall gentle his condition: and gentlemen in England now a-bed shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin\'s day.

Comment

He gave me my wife, the Corps, my nation, my current profession , my cat, my health and forgiveness ...on and so on.

Karl
                          Karl

[url]http://grrrscave.blogspot.com/[/url]

Keep those e-mails and calls to your Congress people coming.

Comment

My NEW JOB!!!!

Comment

A small miracle two weeks ago. I was driving down a road I had taken thru our rail yard a hundred times. I veered left where I always go right only to see a rail truck doing 45mph where the speed is 10. He would hit me without any doubt in my mind. There was no room on either side. The result would have been fatal if you were lucky. A few years back I forgot something and returned home. Later as I approached the Missouri river bridge I saw a car involved in a fatality head on collision with a dump truck. It was the car that was behind me before I turned around. Never think that things happen without design. I can only thank God for his protection, grace and mercy.

Comment

Working...
                              X