My Father Died tonight....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Father Died tonight....

My Dad passed away at 5:40 this evening and has gone on to be with the Lord. Please take a moment and lift a prayer for my family at this time.

This day has been a hard one to face. But I know that my Dad is sitting in Heaven with the Lord in no pain and no suffering anymore. I will miss him very much. He was a faithful Husband to my mother, a great father and grandfather. A man like him is one we don;t see much of these days. I pray that I can be as good a man as he was.

A hurting
    Tread Head

My condolences, I will keep you all in my prayers, indeed he is in a better place where you will be reunited later.

Comment

I am so sorry for you Tread, I can't imagine what you must be feeling.
      Prayers for comfort and strength are on the way for you and your family.
      It sounds like he set a pretty high bar as a man and a father, I'm sure you'll meet it as well.
      Kest
      "I was talking to the man upstairs, saying 'God, please keep us safe,' and putting some rounds downrange...." --Staff Sgt. Bruce Jones

[URL="http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php"][B]WWW.CALGUNS.NET[/B][/URL]

Comment

Been there Tread. I will be praying for you and him. God Bless you both.

Comment

prayers outgoing.
          Iv been there and there are no words...
          there is only faith.
          VERITAS VINCIT
          A CRUCE SALUS

Comment

More prayers from here in TN as well.
            Take up our quarrel with the foe<br />To you from failing hands we throw<br />The torch; be yours to hold it high.<br />If ye break faith with us who die<br />We shall not sleep, though poppies grow<br />In Flanders fields.<br /><br />Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae (1872-1918)<br /><br />Support...<i>really</i> support...our vets!

Comment

Still miss my dad everyday - God Bless you - prayers of faith and comfort for you and yours.
              Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty. - KJV 2 Cor 3:17<br /><br />The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. - MLK<br /><br />Molon Labe<br /><br />Hate is no substitute for love, nor passion truth.

Comment

My dad departed this world in faith and fear in 1993 and not a day passes that I do not miss him. I will lift you and your family in prayers for comfort and that your grief maybe made holy and a sacrafice to God. If you want to talk, pm me and I'll give you my phone number.
                Pax Christ.. <br />Rev. Joel<br />++++++++++++<br />We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; for he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be he ne\'er so vile, this day shall gentle his condition: and gentlemen in England now a-bed shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin\'s day.

Comment

May God grant comfort to those who remain behind.

I am truly sorry to hear of your loss.

RR
                  Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. - Benjamin Franklin

I have but one person on my ignore list. Can you guess who it is?

Comment

I will remember you and yours in my prayers too.

My condolences,
                    m92s
                    "Not all of them are terrorists"..."No, not all of them, but most of them are, and all it takes is most of them." -Eric Cartman

Comment

Sorry for your loss. And you are a good man. I lost my real Dad when I was 19. There is hardly a day goes by when I don't think about him. Keep close to your faith.
                      God,grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,courage to change the things I can,and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Hello Tread Head,

My father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in January 2004. He died November of that same year. During his final eight weeks, the sun never set on a day that I wasn't at his bedside. I genuinely understand what you're going through, indeed, I've been there.

The death of a very close loved one is something you never "get over," you simply learn to live with it. The only consolation I have is that I know he was a born-again, blood-bought, blood-washed Christian. I know one day we will meet again.

And one day, you will meet yours. The Lord God Almighty promises it.

God bless you and your family, my friend.

Comment

I pray that God will comfort you in your grief. Death is not the end; only a painful transition.

Comment

"And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them". Revelation 14:13.

Comment

At least be thankful your father was a good man you actually miss and the good times you shared with him.

Comment

Working...
                              X