Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What about the folks who've never heard of Jesus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I have no life, I was exploring here at AW and found this older topic. I sincerly hope that no one minds if I "ressurect" it. I was surprised that no one mentioned that there is a plan outlined in God's Word for this very situation (that is, what happens to people who died without ever knowing of the Savior or His mission).

In I Peter 4:6, we find the following:

"For this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit."

In the preceeding chapter, Peter explains this mission of Christ with the following:

"For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being out to death in the flesh, but quicked by the Spirit: By which also He went and preached unto the the spirits in prison; Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah . . ."
    II Peter 3:18-20

We can presume that all of the people in the time of Noah did not have the opportunity to hear of the fullness of the "good news" as preached by Noah himself. Thus God's plan is to make sure that they DO have this opportuniy in the "spirit prison" after this mortal existance.

However, Comrade Andrei is correct on another point. Only the authorized priesthood representatives of the Church of Jesus Christ have the authority and the responsibility to administer the required Sacrament of Baptism, without which no one can enter into the Kingdom of Heaven (see Nicodemus' interview with Jesus in John 3).

When someone has already died, that is without this necessary Sacrament being performed by an authorized servant of our Lord holding the Holy Priesthood and allowed to perform this ordinance, then there is a problem. This was prepared for by an ordinance known as "baptism for the dead." This was practised in the Church of Jesus Christ in ancient days as can be seen by Paul's mention of the practice and utilization of it as a proof of the ressurection of the dead in his epistle to the members of the Church of Jesus Christ at Corinth (see I Cor 15:29).

God's eternal plan already has this contingency covered.

As to where this "officialy sanctioned" Church of Jesus Christ is, this is a topic that continues to vex modern-day Chritianity, with each and every denomination saying that THEY are the only true manifestation of the Church that Jesus established in the meridian of time.

I hope that this helps.

Comment

Working...
    X