Footprint in stone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Footprint in stone.

I thought some would like to see these, i found these footprints in solid rock at the top of a cliff in spearfish canyon in S.D.
    The right print is very visible but the left is harder to see. The overview is looking out over the valley from the boulder where the prints are. They are about 3/4 of a inch deep in the rock.
    I`ve always envisioned a man of old standing at that spot who knows how long ago looking out across that valley, he or she must of been standing in clay which then petrified.
    Then again it could be a bear track, any thoughts.

[This message has been edited by goldwinger (edited 25 October 2002).]

A closer photo.

Comment

You mean nobody has any comments, not even bad ones. I thought this was pretty neat, there must be more foot prints in stone than i thought.
      Pretty quiet around here.

Comment

kewl pics bro
        could be bear tracks but not sure...

------------------
        VERITAS VINCIT
        VERITAS VINCIT
        A CRUCE SALUS

Comment

Hey bro,
          What are you doin' in S.D.?
          Neat pics, but they don't look like the bear tracks around here.
          Most of the black bear around here leave prints that look more like a big dog. I know that's not a very scientific description, but thats how they look to me.
          God Bless you and your family,
          Bill

Comment

I was on our honeymoon about 21 yrs ago, we got married in Deadwood and then were camping up in Spearfish caynon.
            The tracks are still there though i was back and looked about 10 yrs ago.
            Good to see ya Bill.

Comment

Working...
            X