Question about caring for widows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about caring for widows

Are divorcees (women) considered "widows"? In the context of when the L-rd commands us to care for the orphans and widows. Not that I am trying to find a rationale to exclude someone who needs help but rather I am trying to understand the context of what a wido may be especially in today's screwed up society?

Thanx,
    Efraim

------------------
    "I want to be oncommon"
    -Pip, Great Expectations.

"For there shall be a day, that the watchmen upon the hills of Ephraim shall cry, Arise ye, and let us go up to Zion unto YHWH our God." Jeremiah 31:6

Hmmm Iv never thought of it this way.
    Im not one for expanding groups to include people not originaly covered by the meaning of the word.
    The goverment does this way too much to expand programs that they steal money from me for.
    So on a strictly language sence no I dont consider them widows.

As a practical matter if a husband takes off and leaves a Lady broke and stranded then I see it as my duty to help out as much as I can.
    Or if the the Lady is fleeing an abusive envirement.
    But if its just a divorse of convenence then they made there bed and its there problem.

I am against the goverment stealing money from me for them but have no problem supporting charities that help them out or helping them out on a one to one basis with the above considerations.

------------------
    VERITAS VINCIT
    VERITAS VINCIT
    A CRUCE SALUS

Comment

Working...
    X