New Anglican Church head is Pro-Homosexual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Anglican Church head is Pro-Homosexual

Interesting no matter which way you look at it. I wonder if money has anything to do with it, to draw in more paying members---"that's 10% of your GROSS people, not your NET" as Rev. Lovejoy of THE SIMPSONS said.
    http://sg.news.yahoo.com/020723/1/30stn.html

God bless all in this place! 'Twill be interesting to see how this faux pas plays out. The Anglican world is about 70,000,000 people with the majority of them not being part of the Church of England. The Abp of Cantebury is the supposed head of the Anglican Communion, but at the last Lambeth Conference (the Anglican Church worldwide) over half of the Bishops (from Africa and Asia) formed an alliance to protest against the "tolerant" bent of the "white" church. Our African and Asian brethern are not averse to saying "no" to the ordinantion of women, and homosexuals. There will probably be a tremendous schism if Apb Williams tries to "liberalize" the Anglican world.

Pax Christi
    Rev. Joel+

[This message has been edited by RevJoel (edited 24 July 2002).]
    Pax Christ.. <br />Rev. Joel<br />++++++++++++<br />We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; for he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be he ne\'er so vile, this day shall gentle his condition: and gentlemen in England now a-bed shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin\'s day.

Comment

Huge surprise. Wasn't this the Church started by King Henry VIII when the Pope wouldn't grant him a divorce so he could marry his young mistress? The British Isles have been covered in blood ever since.

They allowed women priests a few years ago and lost many parishioners, this is the logical next step towards self-destruction.

Comment

Pretty much 100 Round Drum. King Henry thought his was not under the Pope in any way and he set out to prove that! Of course, him being such a "moral character" and being the head of the Church of England really worked well.

------------------
        The Communists disdain to conceal their views and aims. They openly declare that their ends can be attained only by the forcible overthrow of all existing social conditions. Let the ruling classes tremble at a Communist Revolution. The Proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. Workingmen of all countries, unite!-Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

I would trust my life to two things-God and the Kalashnikov.

Comment

Wasn't this the Church started by King Henry VIII when the Pope wouldn't grant him a divorce so he could marry his young mistress?

Not really. The Church of England has been in existance since around the 4th century. Bishops and Priest from the English Church were in attendance at the First Council of Nicea. All that Hank8 did was to sever that churches relationship with Rome, and declare that the Vicar of Rome, had no say as to what happened in the English Church.

Pax Christi
          Rev. Joel+
          Pax Christ.. <br />Rev. Joel<br />++++++++++++<br />We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; for he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be he ne\'er so vile, this day shall gentle his condition: and gentlemen in England now a-bed shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin\'s day.

Comment

That's just unbeleivable ! He'll probably express sympathy for peadophiles soon too !

Comment

jp, they are after all just misunderstood.

Love the sinner. Hate the sin.

RR

------------------
              Real survivalists can take care of their own sick and injured. http://medtech.syrene.net/
              Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. - Benjamin Franklin

I have but one person on my ignore list. Can you guess who it is?

Comment

Working...
              X