Alec Baldwin Guns Down Two On Movie Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alec Baldwin Guns Down Two On Movie Set

"Halyna Hutchins, 42, director of photography and Joel Souza, 48, director, were shot when a prop firearm was discharged by Alec Baldwin, 68, producer and actor."

For as yet some inexplicable reason, the pistol held by Alec Baldwin, on the set of Rusty, had real bullets in it. Perhaps even more inexplicable may be how Alec Baldwin pulled the trigger twice to kill a cinematographer and wound a director. Inexplicably, Alec Baldwin, at least in his own mind, appears to be the victim.

“I Wonder How it Must Feel to Wrongfully Kill Someone” – Alec Baldwin’s 2017 Tweet Attacking a Cop Comes Back to Haunt Him

By Cristina Laila
    Published October 22, 2021 at 11:05am
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...es-back-haunt/

Well, now he knows.
    [I]Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command[/I]

American by birth, made from German parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg

An unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!

Comment

Originally posted by Lasergunner View Post
      "Halyna Hutchins, 42, director of photography and Joel Souza, 48, director, were shot when a prop firearm was discharged by Alec Baldwin, 68, producer and actor."

For as yet some inexplicable reason, the pistol held by Alec Baldwin, on the set of Rusty, had real bullets in it. Perhaps even more inexplicable may be how Alec Baldwin pulled the trigger twice to kill a cinematographer and wound a director. Inexplicably, Alec Baldwin, at least in his own mind, appears to be the victim.

“I Wonder How it Must Feel to Wrongfully Kill Someone” – Alec Baldwin’s 2017 Tweet Attacking a Cop Comes Back to Haunt Him

By Cristina Laila
      Published October 22, 2021 at 11:05am
      https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...es-back-haunt/
      Only one round was fired,
      It went thru the cinematographer and hit the director.
      The director is already out of the hospital.

https://abc7.com/rust-alec-baldwin-h...lyna/11154981/

Warrant: Alec Baldwin didn't know weapon contained live round

The assistant director did not know the prop gun was loaded with live rounds, according to a search warrant filed.
      By Tony Cabrera
      Friday, October 22, 2021 11:45PM

SANTA FE, New Mexico (KABC) -- Alec Baldwin was handed a loaded weapon by an assistant director who indicated it was safe to use in the moments before the actor fatally shot a cinematographer, court records released Friday show.

The assistant director did not know the prop gun was loaded with live rounds, according to a search warrant filed in a Santa Fe court.

Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was shot in the chest. Director Joel Souza, who was standing behind her, was wounded, the records show.

The warrant was obtained Friday so that investigators could document the scene at the ranch where the shooting took place. It notes that Baldwin's blood-stained costume for the Western film "Rust" was taken as evidence, as was the weapon that was fired.

Investigators also seized other prop guns and ammunition that were being used during shooting of the film starring Baldwin.

Earlier in the day, Baldwin described the killing as a "tragic accident." Baldwin was performing at the time of the shooting, the sheriff's office said. It was unclear how many rounds were fired, and little was known about the weapon.

"There are no words to convey my shock and sadness regarding the tragic accident that took the life of Halyna Hutchins, a wife, mother and deeply admired colleague of ours," Baldwin tweeted. "I'm fully cooperating with the police investigation to address how this tragedy occurred and I am in touch with her husband, offering my support to him and his family."

Baldwin continued, "My heart is broken for her husband, their son, and all who knew and loved Halyna."

Sheriff's spokesman Juan Rios said detectives were at the set Friday morning gathering evidence and information.

No immediate charges were filed, and Baldwin is permitted to travel, he said.

"He's a free man," Rios said.

Images of the 63-year-old actor - known for his roles in "30 Rock" and "The Hunt for Red October" and his impression of former President Donald Trump on "Saturday Night Live" - showed him distraught outside the sheriff's office on Thursday.

Guns used in making movies are sometimes real weapons that can fire either bullets or blanks, which are gunpowder charges that produce a flash and a bang but no deadly projectile. However, even blanks can eject hot gases and paper or plastic wadding from the barrel that can be lethal at close range. That proved to be the case in the death of an actor in 1984.

In another on-set accident in 1993, the actor Brandon Lee was killed after a bullet was left in a prop gun, and similar shootings have occurred involving stage weapons that were loaded with live rounds.

Gun-safety protocol on sets in the United States has improved since then, said Steven Hall, a veteran director of photography in Britain. But he said one of the riskiest positions to be in is behind the camera because that person is in the line of fire in scenes where an actor appears to point a gun at the audience.

Hutchins, 42, was airlifted to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead. Souza, 48, who was wounded in the collarbone area, was taken by ambulance to a medical center.

Sheriff's deputies responded about 2 p.m. to the movie set at the Bonanza Creek Ranch after 911 calls described a person being shot there, Rios said. The ranch has been used in dozens of films, including the recent Tom Hanks Western "News of the World."

"This investigation remains open and active," Rios said in a statement.

Brandon Lee, son of martial arts star Bruce Lee, died in 1993 after being hit by a .44-caliber slug while filming a death scene for the movie "The Crow." The gun was supposed to have fired a blank, but an autopsy turned up a bullet lodged near his spine.

A Twitter account run by Lee's sister Shannon said: "Our hearts go out to the family of Halyna Hutchins and to Joel Souza and all involved in the incident on 'Rust.' No one should ever be killed by a gun on a film set. Period."

In 1984, actor Jon-Erik Hexum died after shooting himself in the head with a prop gun blank while pretending to play Russian roulette with a .44 Magnum on the set of the television series "Cover Up."

Such shootings have also happened during historical reenactments. In 2015, an actor staging a historical gunfight in Tombstone, Arizona, was shot and wounded with a live round during a show that was supposed to use blanks.

In Hill City, South Dakota, a tourist town that recreates an Old West experience, three spectators were wounded in 2011 when a re-enactor fired real bullets instead of blanks.

Comment

I stand corrected. One shot was fired.

It's still quite ironic that this poser should enact and live through the kind of pain that he willfully inflicted on someone who faced a real life and death decision. In truth, he still hasn't found out. It maybe that he was just acting irresponsibly. That too is surprising because he clearly has had off and on firearms training in preparation for his various scenes involving the use of a firearm. More so it is surprising because of his supervisory experience in making movies that he should have been very aware of firearms safety on any given movie set.

Comment

I don't know.....but WHY are LIVE rounds.......used on a movie set? Just for the effect of blowing up stuff? Well.....That task was accomplished!!!!

The Anti gun folks....know NOTHING about safety with firearms. I do just NOT.....understand what this Nation, is all about anymore......
          And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. Chap.20 Vs.4)

Comment

By my standards, it's Baldwin's fault at the end of the day.

Yeah, someone else screwed up big-time by handing him a loaded firearm, But the bottom line remains the same. He pointed it at someone and pulled the trigger. He did not know that it was unloaded. He obviously did not check.

I don't know about anyone else, but if someone hands me a firearm and says it's loaded, I will probably take their word for it. If they tell me it's empty, I'm going to confirm that, as long as I have a safe direction to point it while doing that. Once I personally confirm that it's empty I may check the trigger pull or suchlike in a safe direction, but I'm never going to point it at anyone, no matter how sure I am that it's empty.

If it goes off while in my hands, that's on me. Nobody else did it. If it goes off and I was pointing it at someone it's because I either wanted to shoot them or didn't care. Either way, that's a Criminal offense.
            Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

FIRE ARMS RULE #1. ALL firearms are LOADED!

FIRE ARMS RULE #2. NEVER point a firearm at a person!

FIRE ARMS RULE #3. ALWAYS check a fire arm to know if it is loaded or not and with what type of ammunition (if any).

FIRE ARMS RULE #4. Fire arms are NOT toys! They are DEADLY WEAPONS! ALWAYS!

And the MOST IMPORTANT FIRE ARMS RULE! The SHOOTER is RESPONSIBLE for ALL rounds fired!

Baldwin is an "actor". These people are paid to "play act" or pretend. Just like we played pretend as children. Baldwin is just an overgrown child. Baldwin was the shooter. Baldwin is RESPONSIBLE for ALL the rounds he fired! NO ONE ELSE! This is a case of negligent homicide and negligent wounding. Not to mention negligent endangerment to all around him.
              There were SEVERAL incidents of LIVE ROUNDS being discharged on this movie set and SEVERAL people quit and walked off citing fire arms safety violations. Something should have been done before this disaster.

Baldwin is also listed as a "producer" in this movie, so he ALSO bears ADDITIONAL responsibilities for these incidents since he has a supervisory role over the production.

Hope he gets sued into oblivion! Hope he does some time (probably not, due to his "celebrity" status) for this crime.

Comment

Trump is advancing the theory that Alec Baldwin put the live round into the prop gun and deliberately shot Halyna Hutchins.

Trump Accuses Alec Baldwin of Purposely Shooting 'Rust' Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins

BY FATMA KHALED ON 11/5/21 AT 2:41 PM EDT
                https://www.newsweek.com/trump-accus...tchins-1646530

Comment

Originally posted by Lasergunner View Post
                  Trump is advancing the theory that Alec Baldwin put the live round into the prop gun and deliberately shot Halyna Hutchins.

Trump Accuses Alec Baldwin of Purposely Shooting 'Rust' Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins

BY FATMA KHALED ON 11/5/21 AT 2:41 PM EDT
                  https://www.newsweek.com/trump-accus...tchins-1646530
                  Unless AB's fingerprints are on the cartridge case, I think that's a push.

flashguy
                  [FONT=Arial]When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual." [/FONT]

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Comment

Trump may be just pushing Baldwin's buttons but there actually is no reason to assume this was an accident. Somebody put one or more live rounds in that revolver. We actually don't know if that was on purpose or not. If it was just one round, then the questions should be who was supposed to be on the business end of that weapon when the trigger was pulled; that is to say who was it intended to be pointed at? Also, why did Baldwin discharge the weapon at all; especially, while pointing it at Ms. Hutchins? Had Baldwin at any time before pointed and discharged a prop gun at a non cast member. Has Baldwin displayed this kind of carelessness before?

Comment

Guns don't shoot people.

People shoot people.

Comment

Working...
                      X