Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saying I'm paranoid doesn't mean that I'm wrong.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saying I'm paranoid doesn't mean that I'm wrong.

I made my monthly run thru Amazon, and ordered up another few hundred bucks worth of canned goods.

I hope it all gets here before the wheel falls off the wagon.

Between inflation and shortages, I'm figuring it's going to get interesting over the next few months. One may or may not need Ammo or Monetary metals through all of this, but we all got to eat pretty much every day. Plan accordingly.
    Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Wal-Mart is apparently discontinuing online sales and deliveries. Citing supply issues. Read it on a couple of other forums/boards. Starting in the central U.S. and spreading as we type this.

Comment

My sister gives me a ration of crap from time to time about my paranoia about running outta grub. We'll see who's laughing when the demoRATS are about finished killing off America.

Basically I have a 6 room place. Out of those 6 I've got grub in 5 of them.

Unless I still have sum #10 cans out in the shop. I put a fair bit back in 95. Basics mostly.

If I could buy grub by the case.... I ate my last can of Tomatoes OKRA and Corn this afternoon. Tastes GREAT COLD too. While I could get it I bought every can I could see. Sposed to get 1 truck load EVERY THURSDAY but (they say) they NEVER KNOW what's coming in. If I could get just OKRA and tomatoes without the corn I'd be fine with that. OKRA [/ must be a Southern thing. Mom never mentioned it and Black Eyed Peas don't sound too appetizing to me.
      Last edited by noname762; October 13, 2021, 23:21.
      [B]Grumpy Old Fart [/B][IMG]http://www.assaultweb.net/forums/core/images/smilies/graemlins/050.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Fried Okra I will eat, and don't mind it.

Boiled Okra? You can have mine, and if you try to sneak it in on me? I'm likely to spit it on your floor or in your face. Just NO.
        Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by jefferson101 View Post
          Fried Okra I will eat, and don't mind it.

Boiled Okra? You can have mine, and if you try to sneak it in on me? I'm likely to spit it on your floor or in your face. Just NO.
          The only way I'll eat Okra is sliced into a soup (and not boiled into sliminess). My mom loved it fried, though.

flashguy
          [FONT=Arial]When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual." [/FONT]

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Comment

Originally posted by noname762 View Post

If I could buy grub by the case.... I ate my last can of Tomatoes OKRA and Corn this afternoon. Tastes GREAT COLD too. While I could get it I bought every can I could see. Sposed to get 1 truck load EVERY THURSDAY but (they say) they NEVER KNOW what's coming in. If I could get just OKRA and tomatoes without the corn I'd be fine with that. OKRA [/ must be a Southern thing. Mom never mentioned it and Black Eyed Peas don't sound too appetizing to me.
            A serving of that poured over a serving of hot Minute Rice with chunks of whatever meat you have stirred in

=

YUMMY and FILLING

Comment

I ate pickled whole okra once. Pretty good. The ONLY way I’ll eat it.

BISHOP
              The rusty wire, that holds the cork, that keeps the anger in, gives way...

Comment

Originally posted by HD88 View Post
                Wal-Mart is apparently discontinuing online sales and deliveries. Citing supply issues. Read it on a couple of other forums/boards. Starting in the central U.S. and spreading as we type this.
                It doesn't seem to be affecting my local store. I'm in the heart of the Midwest.
                [I]Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command[/I]

American by birth, made from German parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg

An unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Walther View Post

It doesn't seem to be affecting my local store. I'm in the heart of the Midwest.
                  It's their online ordering. I can confirm that there is a whole lot of stuff that their online store lists that are tagged as "store pick-up only". You can get it at the store if it's in stock, but things are apparently thin enough on the ground that all their available supply is going to the stores. A lot of it is hit-or-miss at the stores also.

Comment

Working...
                  X