Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like I'm going to go to jail any minute now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like I'm going to go to jail any minute now.

I just got a call from the ATF!! They have intercepted a suspicious package addresses to me coming across the border, and I'm under investigation.

The good news is that if I give them my credit card information and that proves I didn't order it, I'm in the clear. They couldn't tell me if they had intercepted the auto-sears, the "oil filters", or the hand grenades, so I told them to call me back when they knew what it was, so I knew which CC info not to give them.

I got to find something to keep me more occupied. When scammer telephone calls are a major source of entertainment? I got too much time on my hands, apparently.
    Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

LOL! Really need to get more folks on here! What happened? Love these threads!
    Last edited by HD88; September 17, 2021, 20:26.

Comment

Originally posted by HD88 View Post
      LOL! Really need to get more folks on here! What happened?
      Just another scammer. My wife is obsessive about answering the telephone, so I pick up even if I don't recognize the number. We get probably two or three of that kind of call a day. When I say "Hello", and some person who speaks English as a second or third language starts telling me that someone has charged $2000 to my Amazon account, or that they are with the IRS and I'm suspected of Tax fraud, or whatever? And don't even ask who they are speaking to before they start telling me how much trouble I'm fixing to be in if I don't give them a CC number, or send gift cards, or something?

If I am having a slow day I'll mess with them for a while. Being that she said she was calling from the ATF, I tossed out some things off the top of my head that I know are illegal. She had no clue, so I declined to give them any credit card information on the grounds that if I picked the wrong card, I might be proving I did order it, and that would violate my 5th Amendment rights. Having confused her a fair amount, I then hung up.

Just some spontaneous Improv to pass a little time.

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Ok Jeff you really need to get a hobby.
        "SI *VIS *PACEM, *PARA *BELLUM"
        [URL]http://survivalblog.com[/URL]
        MOLON LABE!
        AC0XV

Comment

LOL! Definitely I'm not a scammer! Used to be here long ago but can't find my old account. Seems that the board has slowed down a lot.

That seems to be the case with other boards like this.

I guess that other media like FB and Twitter (which I don't use) has take the place of the old time forums and boards like this.

That and "prepping" and other discussions seem to have fallen out of novelty/favor. Maybe everyone is all "prepped" up? Just miss the old days.
          There used to be good lively discussions here. Thought there would still be. (sigh) time marches on...

Same for missing the humor/sarcasm (like in this thread) that used to help make the day. We are just all getting old, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Papadoc View Post
            Ok Jeff you really need to get a hobby.
            If i can ever get my right hand functional again......

Broke my right wrist the end of June. Didn't heal right, and I can't do squat. I've been called most anything you can think of, but ambidextrous has never once been mentioned, for good reason.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the wrist, Jeff. What can be done about it?

flashguy
              [FONT=Arial]When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual." [/FONT]

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Comment

Originally posted by flashguy View Post
                Sorry to hear about the wrist, Jeff. What can be done about it?

flashguy
                I've got surgery scheduled the 28th of this month.

Comment

I ceased to worry about the ATFingE back when my court cases were working their way up through the system and mail with their letterhead was turning up at old addresses. As my case was already moving up from District through Superior, Administrative Hearing Offices and NH Supreme Court eventually,at that point I was thinking 1) They suck for their internal communication 2) They suck for that what they do as part of their organizational mandate every day of the year 3) I'd and when they finally put in the kind of appearance they're known for I was(and probably still am)OK with seeing them through to the logical conclusion of their intentions and my indifference to either complying or them making it home safely at the end of their shift.
                  . And I had/have nothing NFA related then or now. It was them (and others) ignoring their own overlapping federal laws,state laws and case laws in favor of running in incorrect, derogatory and contradictory information out of an obstinate" Respect My Authority" on their part running up into my " Tired of playing when you keep changing the rules. Not cooperating with you. F#$k You I Won't Do What You Told Me" because at that point I had basically nothing left to lose..but I also knew the only way they were going to take me off was at or around the Court House, probably in the company of counsel. Anywhere or everywhere else I was willing and able to make it VERY difficult-and dangerous-for them or any local/county/state guys they were able to utilize.. one good thing about being down on your luck in bad neighborhoods is that you can spot others coming... Funny how these things work out.
                  I'm rather surprised that the hostility on their part hasn't reusmed with Chairman Xi's Dimentia Addled (Un) Happy Sock Puppet issuing orders based on whatever his earpiece tells him to do before it's Pudding Time.
                  Gregory Peter DuPont

Comment

Most of us will never realize the true satisfaction of scamming a scammer. Then there is this guy: https://www.419eater.com/ He actually gives it a name, scambaiting. It's the stuff dreams are made of. He shows time and time again that with a bit of effort and not too much convincing the same character flaws and motivations that enliven a scammer to lie and defraud may also serve to hasten the vile wretch's downfall.

His takedown of Nigerian Nicholas Okorie is one of my all time favorites: https://419eater.com/html/okorie.htm

Comment

Originally posted by HD88 View Post
                      /] LOL! Definitely I'm not a scammer! Used to be here long ago but can't find my old account. Seems that the board has slowed down a lot.

That seems to be the case with other boards like this.

I guess that other media like FB and Twitter (which I don't use) has take the place of the old time forums and boards like this.

That and "prepping" and other discussions seem to have fallen out of novelty/favor. Maybe everyone is all "prepped" up? Just miss the old days.
                      There used to be good lively discussions here. Thought there would still be. (sigh) time marches on...

Same for missing the humor/sarcasm (like in this thread) that used to help make the day. [b] We are just all getting old, I guess.[b]
                      I'm with ya Lasergunner!
                      I just spent a good 1.5h on the RIGHT TO REPAIR their tractors madness JD is giving American FARMERS!! It reminded me of the Willie Nelson Farm Aid Tour
                      when he went ALL OVER this US of A showing the plight of farmers back in the 80s I think it was.

I know I've mentioned when I worked at the Dairy for over 11yr. Tesla is trying to do the same dang thing. Have his dealerships fix broke T cars or go jump off a tall cliff! Or pay [b] 16Gs for one of T's dealerships or make it an old potty with petunias out in front of your pieces of Little Heaven.

For the record I don't do FB or Twitter.
                      Last edited by noname762; September 20, 2021, 15:51. Reason: add an "n.)
                      [B]Grumpy Old Fart [/B][IMG]http://www.assaultweb.net/forums/core/images/smilies/graemlins/050.gif[/IMG]

Comment

ATF CALLING.. have not heard about that one yet.

So which was it, auto sears, hand grenades or the little chemist anthrax kit?
                        AT one time I did... unbelievable things for this country without question, because it was my country and right. NOW, my country, that country, no longer exists and I now I feel I am the Philip Nolan of my age.
                        God carries a 1911.
                        Just another day towards 20...

Comment

Working...
                        X